I ran my first 5K today!!

• Ahhh, I'm so happy! One of my mini-goals along the way of my weightloss journey was to run a 5K, and today I did it!

This time last year, I could barely run down the block without getting winded. But, last night, I downloaded the Nike+ app for my phone and decided to try it out this morning with a seemingly outlandish goal of 3.11 miles (5K). I figured I'd maybe do it if I walked a bit in between, but I ended up finished at 3.81 miles without stopping at all!

(I've heard stories that the Nike+ app can be wildly inaccurate sometimes.. but we're just going to ignore that for now and celebrate! )

Edit: Checked with MapMyRun and Googlemaps- at least a 5K!
  • Excellent! I am working towards my 5k (with C25k) and really admire your achievement! Congratulations!
  • Great job!!! Very inspirational
  • Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself. I hope to be in your 'running' shoes this time next year. It's so inspiring to see posts from someone else who has already done it, thanks for sharing.
  • Awesome stuff. Well done.
  • Congrats! That is such a good feeling. Sometimes when I run I still have to pinch myself and say, "Who IS this runner person?"
  • Thats amazing! I want to start the C25K with my fiance when he gets back from his research trip. You're so inspiring!