3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   yay...size 12 pants (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/261076-yay-size-12-pants.html)

katy929 06-14-2012 07:31 PM

yay...size 12 pants

Well, I had been stressed out because I still weigh 164 and the scale has not moved in a little over 2 weeks.

So, I ordered these size 12 jeans just so i could have a goal to work towards..and oh my goodness the suckers fit lol They are a little tight in the hip and thighs but, it is a goal to work towards. I dont know what is up with the scale but, if I can go from an 18 pant to a 12 pant I must be doing something right lol i was so excited but, shocked when i buttoned up the pants..i screamed NO WAY haha

My goal at the beginning of my weight loss was to get into a size 10 pants and I am determined to get into those lol

livelaughlovesunshin 06-14-2012 08:54 PM

That is awesome! Way to go!

redmomof4 06-14-2012 09:13 PM

congrats

That's an awesome feeling! I hate that stupid scale, but love when old clothes fit again!!:carrot:
Shawna

katy929 06-15-2012 02:06 AM

i dont know what is wrong with the freaking scale, it will not move but, when i got into those pants you best beleive i went to the store and strutted my stuff in them lol

byugal 06-15-2012 09:19 AM

Congratulations!!! That is a great feeling, isn't it?

A long time ago, I got rid of all my clothes that I had "outgrown". I finally found one pair of jeans that I got to give to a friend, but had forgotten about. They are a size 12....so those are my goal for now. I'm in a 16 and they are getting baggy.

rainydays 06-15-2012 11:07 AM

Fantastic job! New jeans sizes were one of my favorite parts of my weight loss journey!

thelootlady 06-15-2012 11:19 AM

Good for you! - sometimes it is clothing not the scale where we can find success. I started out for the first few months losing steadily, but I have been stuck for a whole month at the exact same weight. I finally went out and bought myself a new top & dress anyway.
Apparently - my body had changed a fair bit.. and I went from Plus5
to Plus 2. Feels wickedly good.

I remember getting into a 12... that is my long term goal. I loaned my sister my size 12 sexy black leather coat 10 yrs ago warning her, I will want it back one day - not thinking I would ever fit in it again. Well.. perhaps one day, I will get it back from her after all.

ps.. Rainy days you are inspiring!!

rainydays 06-15-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

ps.. Rainy days you are inspiring!!
Thanks so much thelootlady!!

amandie 06-15-2012 07:00 PM

Whoo-hoo!!! You are so close to your goal of size 10 pants. Keep it up no matter what the scale says (easier said than done , I know.)

amyaimeee 06-16-2012 06:08 PM

Congrats on the NSV! I had one today too, *also* with some older size 12 jeans I haven't worn in a couple of years - mind you these are stretchy and I have plenty of muffintop in them, but I got them on, zipped, buttoned, and wore them half the day. There are some adorable older size 10 jeans of mine I'm dying to get into, and some super cute size tighter size 10 Sevens I bought a long time ago and have NEVER worn yet. But I will.

emoss72 06-16-2012 06:14 PM

That is awesome! Congrats to you. I went shopping this week, and usually bought a size 18 dress, and I was able to buy size 14

emoss72 06-16-2012 06:17 PM

My first mini-goal is to get below 198. I have not been below 198 for at least 30 years. My grown children have never seen me below 198

loose seal 06-18-2012 02:00 PM

katy -- congrats! Isn't is just sweet, sweet, sweet when you put something on expecting it to either not fit or be really tight and POP! it fits!

I'm also in the same boat as many in that the scale isn't going down as much or as quickly as I'd like (and tbh, I'm not eating OP as much as I should be so no real surprise that the scale is lagging) but something is going on cause all of my size 14 clothes are TOO BIG!

I wore a pair of 14's capris yesterday with a new (smaller) top and wondered why no one commented at all that I had lost weight. Then I looked in the mirror ... the capris looked like clown pants on me. lol I pulled them snug against my thighs and though 'oh, if my pants actually fit me maybe someone would have noticed'. :lol:

Keep up the great work and remember that the scale is not the be all, end all. It's just one of many ways to keep on track (and sometimes that dang scale is just something you want to throw out the window!)

HealthyMeWannabe 06-18-2012 04:59 PM

That is so awesome! I can only dream about a Size 12 right now! :cheer: You go girl!!!!!

mhernand 06-18-2012 07:14 PM

good going! Thats the best feeling, I <3 it!