3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   1 year ago I weighed 47 pounds heavier than I do now. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/259997-1-year-ago-i-weighed-47-pounds-heavier-than-i-do-now.html)

SoCalCowgirl 05-29-2012 10:49 AM

1 year ago I weighed 47 pounds heavier than I do now.

Yesterday officially marked my 1 year anniversery of my diet :) I started the journey at my highest weight of 170 pounds. I had gained 45 pounds in two years as I was an emotional eater and at the time I was very depressed and had dropped out of college and felt no self worth. Well little did I know that when I came back from my sister's college graduation and saw those pictures of myself that it would be the start of getting my life back on track. I went back to school In Fall of 2011 and just finnished my first year back 2 weeks ago, and had my best year ever, earning A's and B's and only 1 C. After weighing in this morning, I can proudly say that I am 122.2, with a bmi of 21.6 :D I am also just 2 pounds away from my goal of 120, though I'm thinking about trying to go lower to 115, but we'll see. I'm just happy to have come as far as I have, I never thought the diet would have been as successful as it has and how it would change so many other aspects in my life. And I would like to add I managed to do it without ever hitting a gym, and no food program. All I did was calorie count, ate healthy and exercised by walking/jogging and staying active :)

redvelouria 05-29-2012 11:05 AM

Great job! And no gyms...so inspiring!

HealthyTree 05-29-2012 11:07 AM

Congratulations!! You should be so proud of yourself, you set a goal and achieved it. Way to rock it :cool:

SoCalCowgirl 05-29-2012 11:31 AM

@redvelouria loosing weight without a gym is defiently doable, the only downside that I had with not using a gym is that it took a lot longer. But at the same time, with the pounds shedding slower there's less likely of a chance for the weight to come back quickly, you just have to have a lot of paitence and determination :)

@ HealthyTree thank you so much, I was determined to reach my goal, no matter how long it took :)

nationalparker 05-29-2012 01:16 PM

Congratulations for it ALL - eating healthier, exercising, losing the weight and going back to college! What an inspiration you are to others! You have made a lot of changes for the better - happy anniversary :)

Sum38 05-29-2012 01:25 PM

Congrats!!!

I wish I was there with you.... I started over a year ago and then slid backwards some...now I have been on this journey since December 4th and 20 pounds has been added to my weight loss.... I will look forward to writing a post like yours :hug:

EagleRiverDee 05-29-2012 02:26 PM

Great job! Congratulations!

EatMoreCelery 05-29-2012 04:25 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss, healthier habits, and good grades!! :)

seagirl 05-29-2012 04:55 PM

I love this! Congratulations! It reminds me of that saying "A year from now, you'll wish you'd started today." :carrot:

guacamole 05-29-2012 05:13 PM

Congratulations! Great story and it certainly does make me look forward to what I can accomplish over the year if I stick to my plan! I also don't belong to a gym and calorie count - it's great to see someone who reached their goal independently and also without spending a lot of money!

justanotherchix 05-29-2012 06:31 PM

YAY for you!!!
CONGRATS!!!

SoCalCowgirl 05-29-2012 11:02 PM

thank you so much everyone for the kind words, it really means a lot. I can only hope now that I will be able to maintain and not gain it all back :)

freelancemomma 05-29-2012 11:12 PM

I love stories like this, which prove that losing weight doesn't require any fancy techniques or large cash outlays. Congratulations!

F.