NSV: They didn't recognize me

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My husband and I rarely get the chance to go out together. Last night my mom took the kids, so we went to a bar that neither one of us had been to, but we knew the bartender from a bar that he used to work at that we went to 4-5 years ago. Anyway, he sincerely didn't recognize me. I was sort of confused (and a little hurt) at why he was excited to see my husband, but acting like he didn't know me. A few minutes later he came up and just flat out asked me how much weight I've lost. I'm not really used to guys being that forward about weight loss, so it sort of threw me off, lol. Anyway, I told him 95 pounds, and he gave me a high five and told me how awesome that he thought that was. He apologized, and he told me he didn't even recognize me until someone said my name--he wondered who the chick with my husband was! Too funny...but I gotta say, I've never been so happy to not be recognized!
  • Awww what a great feeling that must have been! Well done you!
  • That is so awesome. I love reading stories like yours since I have joined 3FC. I am so inspired by it all. Thanks for sharing.
  • That's awesome!! I can't wait until it's warmer and we're out and about more. I can only hope people won't recognize me.
  • That is a great story. Congratulations.
  • Way kewl!
  • Awesome!
  • Congrats! My dad actually joked about not being able to recognize me in the airport in February when I see them, haha! Amazing what a transformation losing weight can be, and 95 pounds off? That's simply amazing!!!
  • He thought your hubby had some hot new girl and didn't want to ask about you to make things awkward. How funny is that? (but something a bartender probably sees more often than an average Joe would). Yay for YOU being the hot mama with your DH!
  • Hee hee hubby almost had some smack talked behind his back for being out with his wife! How awesome is THAT?!

CONGRATS I've had a bit of that going on too, and I've only lost 55... think it's going to get fun now
  • Omg thats freaking amazing. If you don't go back to that bar until you hit your goal you should see if he doesn't recognize you again =D To funny
  • Yay you! Keep up the great work!
  • Haha that's such a great story! LOVE IT! Now your looking like the young fling hee hee just kidding. What a great NSV!
  • Congrats on the awesome NSV!

I think that's one of the best NSVs and it really helps put in perspective how much weight you've lost. Those always around you see you all the time so while they notice it, they can still recognize you. When someone who hasn't seen you in a while doesn't recognize you....you know you've really changed!

Same thing happened to me recently. I went to a party with my fiance and I hadn't seen most of the people since before I lost weight. They thought he brought a different girl to the party and didn't know what to do! LOL it wasn't until I went up to everyone and said hi that they realized it was me!