The Last Twenty Pounds

• Like the Last Mohicans (but without the soundtrack) the Last Twenty pounds has been impossible to get rid of. All the others I lopped off. This LTP is stubborn as **** and is a goal I'm nervous of setting as it has defeated me time and time again.

In my twentys I got rid of extra weight without too much fuss. I followed my low calorie diet and away it went. In my thirtys it's been an impossible target, for years now. My weight has remained healthy and, with great effort, I've kept it low but my dimensions from ten years ago have been beyond me. This last twenty pounds seems still gets the better of me and I have not been able to shift it. This Summer past I increased hugely the amount of exercise I was doing to no effect! The lowest average calories I can eat per day without chewing off my arm out of hunger is 1400 and I refuse to eat less and feel hungry all the time. Last Winter and Spring following this 1400 a day diet I lost about ten pounds. Now I've been on a plateau for months so am trying something radical to lose weight again. I'm going to eat loads of food (about 2100kcal) twice a week to try to help change my hormonal balance from my current semi-starving diet metabolism to (I hope) a metabolism that comes somewhere near what the calorie calculators say I should be eating. (1750-2000)

So, here goes. I want to lose one and three quarter inches from my waist and about twenty pounds. When my waist is that much smaller I can stop. I will try this experiment for three weeks and see how it goes. I may gain weight but I hope it will work.
  • hey, this seems like a viable plan, but more details please!! (unless you posted elsewhere and i haven't found it yet)

starting weight? current weight? goal? height?

have you tried calorie calculators to see where you should be eating?
  • i'm with you! ...I'm wanting 15 though and am hoping that reducing my intake from about 2,000 to 1,700 (this week I'm averaging 1,575!) will have me at goal for May 1. ...i'm also resolute to STOP sugar and eating anything processed. I'm a pretty good clean eater but in Oct/Nov/Dec the 'bad' junk started to creap in and I've put on about 5lbs as a result!!

good luck! keep us posted
  • That sounds very viable. I hope it works out for you without too much headache.