3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Down Ten Whole Pounds! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/247736-down-ten-whole-pounds.html)

Lunalore 11-27-2011 03:19 PM

Down Ten Whole Pounds!

I've been a member of this site for several years, and have lost massive amounts of weight only to gain it all back again. It's incredibly discouraging. :(

This time around, I'm sort of putting myself through "detox" before I start a formal weight loss program in January (through my church). First, about a month ago I stopped buying the bags of candy every night after work. Then three weeks ago I stopped bringing home the expired pastries from work (I'm a barista at Starbucks). Finally, I began walking 3-4 times a week and limiting my calories to a still generous 2,200 a day, and tracking through MyFitnessPal.

Well, this morning I weighed myself this morning and discovered I'd lost an even 10 pounds! I was practically jumping up and down when I saw the number, especially since this week was Thanksgiving and all.

Basically I just wanted to share my joy and get some encouragement. :D

HikingChloe 11-27-2011 03:56 PM

I love the small changes you are making with long term sustaining in mind. Those are seriously some great chances and if you keep up with them will go a long way right there for steady and sustainable weight loss! I am glad you aren't trying to rush yourself in anyway and trying to look at the larger picture of lifestyle choices. That has to be hard working around pastries!

Wonderful job so far and keep it even and steady! You can take as long as you want that works for you. The important part is that you stopped your gaining and you are figuring out changes you can work with.

Well done!

124chicksinger 11-27-2011 04:20 PM

Lunalore good for you. Remember this feeling!!! Great job--I think these new habits will carry through to your plan in January. Continued success.

tiwiwas 11-27-2011 05:30 PM

yeah for you

I like the preparing yourself phase you instituted rather than just jumping in with both feet. I am on this journey and have a massive amount of weight to lose and look to this forum for encouragement without the feeling I am being judged for being where I am.

lm3898 11-30-2011 03:07 PM

Congrats! - every lb lost is a victory - if you every need additional motivation as well - google the pasta queen blog archives - she wrote several blog entries per week going from 370 I think to under 200 lbs, reading them and seeing all she accomplished helped me to keep going! She also has a book out, very inspirational I think, keep up the good work!

enpointe12 12-06-2011 05:51 PM

What you're doing is perfect - slow and steady wins the race Lunalore!

PreciousMissy 12-07-2011 10:14 AM

Fantastic!!!!! :carrot: I like the idea of small changes. I think it's easier to implement and stick to them than trying to face the daunting task of a complete overhaul.