3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Non-food related reward here I come! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/247556-non-food-related-reward-here-i-come.html)

MsWannaBSlim 11-23-2011 10:08 AM

Non-food related reward here I come!

Had one of those "NO WAY!?!" moments this morning when I weighed in - down to 183! Yay! My next mini goal was 185 so it felt really good to see that number. Felt so go I tried on some pants that I wasn't able to fit without a muffin top 15 lbs ago and they fit really nicely! Yay again :) So tonight I go for my non-food related reward - a massage and facial. It will be such a sweet reward.

I'm so super excited to be just 4 lbs from my goal weight when I my BMI will officially go from "Obese" to merely "Overweight" :lol: I love my weights. I think alternating weights with cardio is making a difference. Best Wednesday in a while :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme 11-23-2011 10:54 AM

Congrats! What an awesome NSV!

I wish I could reward myself like that. I used to be able to do that kind of stuff last time I lost weight, but now I am on such a tight budget, I have had to get very creative with my rewards.

These days I reward myself with a nap, or a self-pedicure, or some quiet alone time at the library.

MsWannaBSlim 11-24-2011 10:01 AM

inexpensive non-food related rewards

Hi There,
I usually don't reward myself with something that huge either. I'd be thin, but homeless, by the time I reached an ultimate goal weight lol My hubby gave me a gift card for my birthday (almost a year ago) but I was too embarassed to use it so I figured what the heck - I'll cash it in after losing nearly 50 lbs.

I have a few non-food related rewards to suggest if you are interested:

Visit with an old friend
Go for a hike or walk to just enjoy the scenery
Clean your closet to see what fits/doesn't fit anymore - this one is verrry rewarding :)
Go "window" shopping - try stuff on but don't buy it - that may be the buzz kill if you're one of those have-to-buy shoppers :)

I really like the idea of quiet time alone. That is very precious in my household. I could totally put my children and hubby on notice: "Pretend Mom's not here for 2 hours. I am off duty!" lol

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the forum where members posted a bunch of ideas for non-food related rewards. Gonna check it out now that I think of it.

shr1nk1ngme 11-24-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWannaBSlim (Post 4118287)
I'd be thin, but homeless, by the time I reached an ultimate goal weight.

Haha I can really relate!

Quote:

Visit with an old friend
Go for a hike or walk to just enjoy the scenery
Clean your closet to see what fits/doesn't fit anymore - this one is verrry rewarding :)
Go "window" shopping - try stuff on but don't buy it - that may be the buzz kill if you're one of those have-to-buy shoppers :)

These are good. I walk all the time in my neighborhood, but to drive to a beautiful location and walk there for pleasure would be a great reward!
Cleaning the closet, I do that about once a month since I have been losing weight. It is SUPER rewarding, and like a shopping trip, too, when I find I can fit into my skinny clothes again!
Window shopping is great, but I would end up buying it whether I could afford it or not, and then get in a fight with dh later on. Not so great for the marriage! lol

Quote:

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the forum where members posted a bunch of ideas for non-food related rewards. Gonna check it out now that I think of it.

I am going to look for it, too.

But I still want that massage and facial, OP!

InsideMe 11-24-2011 12:34 PM

WAHOOOOOO! That's awesome girl! You enjoy that massage and facial! You have done an amazing job! Would love to see some pics! ;)

tiwiwas 11-26-2011 04:03 PM

Congratulations on your mini-goal

I love the nap reward idea and visiting a friend non-food reward idea.