My Weekend Challenge

• Weekends are toughest for me. I usually promise myself a 'cheat' meal once a week. Usually a Saturday. But the naughty me ends up having a cheat DAY (and in the case of last weekend, a cheat weekend )

So this weekend my challenge - have ONE cheat meal, ONE cheat snack, and leave it at that. No more, no less. I am also going to challenge myself to excerise for sure tonight and Sunday. If I'm not totally swamped I will also try to squeeze in something on Saturday.

My hope is to MAINTAIN my current weight through the weekend.

Nervous now that I've put it out there! Eeks!

• I do the same! My cheat dessert turned into a cheat meal and dessert, then into a cheat day, and finally a whole cheat weekend. I've tried to cut way back to one cheat - either a dessert or a meal item (ice cream, doughnut, french fries...). I challenge myself to this as well! Best of luck to you!
  • Same!! I try to give myself one "cheat" day, where I can eat up to 2000 calories (maybe a few more ). but, lately i've been having cheat weekends... ahhh!!! This weekend I'm trying for Sunday as my cheat day, and Sunday only. So far so good.
  • Sorta, kinda on track
    Just checking in on my weekend mini-goal:

Friday was fantastic - eating on track and did eliptical.

Saturday was "meh" - ate more than I should have but didn't totally fall off the rails. Didn't exercise because I was sooo busy all day, but I walked miles in all the stuff I was doing I'm sure....

Today, I stepped on the scale - BIG mistake - It went up by a few lbs so I yelled and jumped off before I could see the final #. Best if I just focus on eating healthy for the rest of the day (so far so goo), and get my run in.

So, this weekend was not a total success, but I think I did better than I would other weekends. I still hope to reach Onderland this week sometime

Hope you other chicks who struggle with weekends are having a good weekend so far
  • I did okay this weekend. Friday and today were fine - yesterday I had all my regular meals and got in a three-mile hike. For my cheat, I had chocolate frozen custard with peanut butter sauce, as well as two pieces of Halloween candy. A little more than I planned and it showed on the scale this morning. I was hoping the hike would off-set the treat. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh in this morning, but I did it anyway :-( I'm hoping it will be better tomorrow morning.
  • It makes a difference
    An update:

Sunday was very good. Followed my healthy eating plan. I did my run. Out of curiosity I drove the same route to see just how far I ran - it was 5 kms!! Totally surprised myself. I think my treadmill panel must be off! It says I usually run only 2 or 2.5 but I felt I ran at the same pace/same time. Oh well. As long as I'm getting my activity in.

So I HAD to weigh in this morning. I managed to break even, which is better than most weekends. So I guess when we put in our bodies does make a difference. Little reminder to my self to keep that in mind when I feel the urge to hork out and call it a 'reward'. Good job chicks! I know we struggled a bit but I think this little mini-goal was sorta helpful in not going completely overboard. Thanks for joining me

My next mini-goal for this week is to reach onderland! I am soooo excited to see that 199 so I can clean out my closet!!