Finally braved the scale!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • After about 4 1/2 months, I stepped on the dreaded scale and...
    44 pounds lost!
    Maybe it's not a lot, but I was so afraid I had not lost what I deemed "enough" in my head. I am so happy that there are results on the scale AND the mirror

Just had to share my happy news
  • WOWZA thats A LOT!!! Congrats, that's amazing!!!!
    Keep it up!!
  • Congratulations, Mirax! That's a really fantastic loss for 4.5 months' time.

I applaud you, too, for not needing to step on the scale super often in order to reassure yourself you're losing. One problem I've had in the past is stepping on the scale super often--and then losing my momentum when I don't think the weight is coming off quickly enough.
  • Way to go!! Keep on,keeping on!! Great job!!
  • Congratulations, that is a whole lot!
  • Thank you all soooo much!

No to go to the gym and pick up 40+ pds and see how heavy it feels!!
  • congratulations that is a massive weight loss
  • That's incredible! How have you done it? I could do with some tips. x
  • WOW that is amazing!!! Congratulations on your success. I love the idea of not weighing yourself for 4.5 months.
  • CONGRATULATIONS Mira -- that's great. Like you, I stayed off the scale for several months and got a pleasant surprise. I weighed in at my doctor's office a few weeks ago -- and I don't plan on weighing myself again for a while -- maybe the end of the Summer. I'm not focusing on the scale -- but on healthy eating habits.

You go girl!!

Mary
  • That is so great!!! You should be very proud of all your hard work!
  • Oh my goodness, that is incredible!!!!!

Congrats!
  • Congratulations! That's an awesome job in such a short period of time! I wish I could go that long without jumping on a scale!
  • That is really awesome! I don't know if I could've waited almost 5 months in anticipation!! Great work!!
  • Thank you all so much! I wasn't even going to touch the scale until I felt like I was 100% satisfied with what I saw in the mirror but then I realized I needed to see if I have been making enough progress! The most important results to me are the ones in the mirror. I am genetically predisposed to be heavy. I am very muscular and even at 206 I probably look around 170 or so. I don't care for scales because they usually discourage me so I have stayed off the scale and stayed focus with cutting calories and exercising and I am so happy with the results.

I will probably get back on the scale in a month or so just to make sure I am staying on track

Thanks soooo much for all your support!!!!