3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   No Smoking 7 days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/235300-no-smoking-7-days.html)

Stopfat 06-10-2011 09:40 AM

No Smoking 7 days

I know this isn't explicitly related to weight loss--but it is health related. I haven't smoked for one week today, I am on day 8.

I wonder what I should do to celibate?

Lovely 06-10-2011 10:09 AM

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment! :D

petie 06-10-2011 10:16 AM

That is an awesome accomplishment. Way to go. Better and Better, everyday. Congratulations.

Engraved 06-10-2011 10:31 AM

congratulations, thats really great.
i wish i could do the same, but with the weight loss n all i dont think i can stop that too. Hopefully i ll try soon.

Stopfat 06-11-2011 09:20 PM

Yeah--it's really hard to stop smoking, and I just recently learned on this forum that smoking cessation causes sugar cravings, because smoking makes your body release sugar (or something). I definitely had to put my diet on back burner, one thing at a time. You can do it though!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone--life is so full of amazing opportunity!

sunlover 06-11-2011 09:38 PM

That is great. You can do anything you want to do. It is all a mind game. Im sure of it! My husband has not had a cigarette in over a mth...and he was smoking 3 packs a day! Way to go! You must be very proud of yourself! Go buy a new outfit...get a pedicure. Spend as much money as the cigs would have cost!! :)

NCchickie 06-11-2011 09:44 PM

Congratulations on quitting!
My wonderful experience in an online smoking cessation support group is what motivated me to find one for weight loss. I give whyquit.com a lot of the credit for my quitting smoking back in 2002. I've never had a single puff since.
You can do this!

sheramama 06-11-2011 10:24 PM

Whoo hoo! Do something for you...like get your nails done and know that the tips won't smell like smoke!

patchworkpenguin 06-11-2011 10:27 PM

Way to GO!

ryeb 06-11-2011 10:33 PM

That is awesome!! I quit a couple months ago. I have since noticed how much better my work outs are now. I know some people gain weight after they quit smoking, but not this chick. The lack of poison in my lungs has helped me hit the gym even harder! :) You will soon notice how nasty cig smoke smells, keeping you even further from it.

Keep up the awesome job

darius 06-11-2011 11:13 PM

Congratulations on not smoking for 8 days.
If you can go for 8 days, you can go for the rest of your life.
I started smoking sometime in 1980.
I quit on Dec 10, 2002 at 9 PM.

After you are quit for 1 month, you will feel so much better, and suddenly the urge to smoke will rise up very strongly, out of nowhere. Be prepared for that. It will go away again just as quickly.
Remember that the urge to smoke will pass whether you have a cigarette or not.