Run a 5K....done

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ran my first 5K on Saturday. My time was 31:26. Pretty good for the first time. Hoping to reach 2 more mini goals this week....60 pounds lost and getting into the 220s.
  • Way to go! I just started the C25K program and it is so hard. I also have shin splints to deal with. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, this weekend was awful at the track.
  • I just finished week 5 last Thursday and ran the 5k on Saturday. So I am just a little over half way through the program and already running 31 minute 5ks. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just stick to the program. I am starting week 6 this afternoon with way more confidence.
  • 31:26 for your first 5k!?!?! that's amazing! good job!
  • ^^^Thanks Mel...I really suprised myself. I guess the competitive juices started flowing and made me run faster and longer than I normally would have.
  • Very cool! Congrats
  • WTG!!!

That must have felt awesome when you crossed that finish line!
  • YOU are awesome!
  • Great job!
  • Congrats! I admire your discipline! I have started C25K many times, but I can never get past Week 3. Will have to try again this summer.
  • I too have just started C25K. It seems to get a little easier each time, but I am not yet to week 3... I hope jogging can help this weight shed a little faster. You ladies all inspire me!!!
  • dang!
    31 minutes for your first 5k!

great job!

that is hard stuff.

I've been training forever and only this last time did I do a 30min49sec 5k!

keep it up!
  • More than respectable time- awesome!
  • Thanks everyone. Just mailed off the entry forms for 2 more 5Ks this morning!
  • I'll be you one day Congrats!