Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Default mind vs scale victory

its been about a month since i joined here and so far i've lost 5 lbs. i was being quite hard on myself and getting stressed out because i know a lot of people lose a lot more in the first month, but i realised... today i weigh 5lbs less than i did last month, and you know what, i'm pretty pleased with that! so i guess my victory is less about the number, and more about realising that i shouldn't compare my weight loss to others, and concentrate on the fact that im heading in the right direction.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #2  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I started out really slow as well, takes time to learn exactly what your personal bodies real needs and wants are and how hard you can push before things start to give. We are all different in subtle ways.

Tweak and tailor your plan until you are happy with the results. Don't ever expect great losses though, if they happen fine but don't rely on them to be there.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Absolutely. I agree that the mind's the more powerful tool to keep track of. I also think 3fatchicks site is also a great tool. I really learned so much those first months I started here. I can't rave enough. I learned that some of the things I was doing were really the least successful ways that most people didn't find successful. I also learned that some of the things I was doing were the most successful for most folks. I also found things that worked great for me that many said didn't work for them. This site is great to learn and share and teach--sometimes all at the same time!

Way to go on your own successes. Keep up the postings and strength of mind!
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i agree with the plan tweaking, i have realised i was eating way too many carbs. also another reason im happy even with a slow loss is that i know if i ate nothing but lettuce and a crouton i could lose a lot faster but it wouldnt be sustainable and i would be miserable, but im happy with how im eating which means its sustainable, whereas all the 'diets' i have tried in the past were not. this time it's not a diet, its just how i eat lol.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote