Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Mini goal!!! No longer obese!!

Almost there!

I'm closer than I've ever been, ever! I'm SO excited I just couldn't and had to tell somebody right now! My BMI today was 35.01. (35.0 if we're going by nhlbisupport's bmi calculator). Overweight is 25–29.9. I'm so excited, I never thought I'd make it this far!

I went to the doctors a few days ago and my weight from a couple years ago was 186, so I'm using that as my starting weight (I thought it was 185, so no big deal there). At the doctors I weighed 167 (fully clothed and with shoes) and as of today I weigh 161.8

So that's 24.2lb I've lost, with 21.8 to go. I'm so proud of myself.

I can't WAIT to be overweight!

Last edited by yhahmd; 02-13-2011 at 12:45 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/201/125ish

Height: 5'5"

What a great mini-goal! I know what you mean when you say you can't wait to be overweight.

When I joined Jenny Craig the (skinny) counselor said "take a good at the scale, you'll never be 178 again" and she was right in the wrong way - I've never been that low since!

But we are getting there, congratulations!!
SaltwaterFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #3  
Health and Happiness

S/C/G: Restart May 2012: 206/161/fit

Height: 5'5"

Overweight is my first big mini-goal as well. I still have some work to do before I get there, but I know I can do it and you can do it too! I never want to be associated with the word obese again.
GardenBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I know, it seems so ***-backwards to say you can't wait to be overweight haha. But for us, overweight is like being a supermodel. Or for me, anyway. I have all these cute clothes I can wear right now. They're a little tight, but soon they'll fit like a glove, and I'm VERY excited for that.

@SaltwaterFarm, wow, that must have been devistating. BUT look at where you are now! A full 23lb lost, that's no easy feat, and if you keep it up you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Good luck!!

@Gardenburglar I know exactly how you feel. And you know, for the longest time, I was in denial about it. I knew I was heavy, but never once did "obese" cross my mind. To me, for some reason, being 4'9'' meant that I could never be obese. Heavy? Yes. Fat? Sure. But obese? No way.

But then I started to realize that it WASN'T healthy for my height OR my age, and unless I wanted to have some serious knee and back problems when I got older, along with other possible issues, I better take care of it now.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Wow, that's so incredible! And good motivation for the rest of us. Congratulations
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote