Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default have to tell someone

ok a little history...past 2 months i've done no weight training. almost no actual workouts. the most strenuous thing i've done to work my legs is run up stairs, but not enough to be sore. mostly just going up the stairs like we normally do, putting things away. so i've decided to get back to working my muscles. i build muscle really easily, and in dec. i was feeling really strong. took 2 months off, moving in to a new house. now my legs seem like jello lol.

so today i decide to test myself. what can i do today, then in a month, compare. so i start doing squats (i did them almost daily before the move). keep going until i can't do anymore. and going. and going. wow..this is taking awhile...about 3 songs later. i did about 300. mostly sets of 10. wow! i say to myself, then how many could i do before? i never found out, because it took too long, so i would use weights instead lol.

*i didn't have the best form, i tend to lean forward too much, but my knees stay on top or behind my toes. but it still counts ha ha. and there was some rest in between, i walked around between sets. if not, my legs get all stiff. but no longer than 30 sec.

Last edited by katy trail; 02-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

ok, i guess people are reading this (90 views, no comments) and thinking negative things.

i posted this, because we so often hold back our effort. we 'think' we 'can't' so we stop trying, or keep telling ourselves we can't. we don't really KNOW what we can do. we have to keep pushing ourselves. i'm a terrible underestimator of what i can or can't do. we have to just ignore all those voices in our head, just trying to keep going as long as we can. so often we can amaze ourselves and inspire others!

so i wasn't really showing off, although i enjoy doing that, i wasn't intending to this time. i was so surprised when i thought i had gotten so weak and felt weak. my mental perception was so far off! lol.

so we just need to each put it to our own level. see how many sit ups you can do today. then keep training, and compare in a month. how many more can you do? that's what i'm going to do. compare now and in a month. we can all improve and become self confident.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for sharing! I think it is a great idea.
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I'm def. not thinking negative things, other than, "Wow, I'd be in total agony after that many squats!" ;P
Well done! And, I have to admit, I'm totally jealous about your ability to put on muscle easily.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I just read this and didn't think a single negative thought. I was just super amazed by what you can do! I think people who read that so early in the morning were probably in shock!

Seriously, way to go on your progress. That's a great min-goal...even though it's no small feat.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Go You!!! That's excellent!!! Very impressive! Its always awesome when our bodies remember that we did used to work them out and cooperate! What's your regimen going to be over the next month? More squats training? Or more weights? Or...?

I don't think people were reading and thinking negative things. I almost didn't post a reply and I certainly didn't think anything negative! I don't really get why someone would think anything negative! Non-pictoral, non-weigh-related mini-goal board posts tend not to be that comments heavy, i think. We just read, scoop up the inspiration and move on. I think sometimes we just underestimate the importance of positive reinforcement especially when there isn't a blatant cry for it. Know that you're doing awesome and are an inspiration even if we comments-lazy folk haven't yet taken the time to tell you so.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for reminding me!

I used to do that too -- use squats as a measure of my gaining strength. I feel out of the habit but it wouldn't hurt to fall back in.

WTG!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-18-2011 at 09:25 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  
I CAN do this!

lol! thanks everyone. i guess i got defensive when no one commented. starting thinking everyone was reading it, going, what is she talking about! i wish i could do 10! lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #9  
I CAN do this!

toastedsmoke: What's your regimen going to be over the next month? More squats training? Or more weights? Or...?

i'm going to work on a challenge in the chicks up for a challenge thread. not sure yet what it will be called. a group of us will be working on getting stronger. feel free to join in! so far i'm just doing intense cardio like punching bag, different kinds of jumping, speed skaters (a kind of jumping from side to side), stair sprints. there's a park nearby, i may start walking there, or in my backyard. i'll use weights, not sure how often. not really a schedule person. sometimes, i take notes from u tube exercise videos to make a routine. lots of moves are easy to modify, if i don't like doing that or if it's too hard. just kinda making it up as i go along. won't be stepping into a gym at all. everything i need is at home or outside.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 219.5/214/145

Height: 5' 2

I think your right. If we do not even see what we can do. We can not measure even small successes.
jewelswa is offline   Reply With Quote