Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 4"11'

Cool Not a mini goal just an accomplishment

I'm just very excited about dropping my first three pounds!! I started 12/09/10. Sounds a little fast and probably is. Keeping a good eye on it.
Nicki6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!!! How are you losing the weight???
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #3  

You certainly have a daily challenge, considering your job but as long as you are eating sensibly then you will be fine.

Just stick with a plan that will work or develop into a lifestyle change.
igorgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #4  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi and
It's probably not too fast as long as your eating healthy balanced meals. Actually the first 10 or so pounds does come off rather quickly. Then it slows down to a more normal loss of around 1-2 Lbs. a week. Eat very healthy and drink lots of water- and be ready to be amazed
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #5  

Tattoodles: It's a mix of two different programs i used to do. Weight watchers being one of them and the other was body for life..Both amazing programs by the way! I alternate my workout days, walking/ jogging mon wed and friday for 40 mins. Tues thurs and sat i weight train..i'm starting at 5 lbs. i dont wanna kill myself because i still have to go to work and take care of my son. But once im more comfortable i'll be using heavier weights. Anywho, I eat portioned sized meals, meaning: Everything must fit into the palm of your hand. Like for instance, if your having chicken, thats your protein that would be your palm and how think it is. if your having a veggie with it, which you should, make your hand into a cup and that's your veggie portion, now your carb, that should be the size of your fist. and lots and lots of water! oh by the way, i eat every 2 to 3 hours a day, all portioned sized meals. snacks would consist of cottage cheese with yogurt, doesnt sound that great but its amazing! umm other snacks would be an apple with 2 light string cheese. or any you can think, but they need to be portioned size. I say i mix up the two programs because i love weight watchers ice cream cups!! but mind i only eat one before 8pm. then for the rest of the night its all water. Working out in the morning also helps a lot, it gets the job done and you dont have to worry about it later on! Unless your just to busy and have to do it after work. which i do on occasion. but it got done!

Thank you ladies for all your support! This site really does help someone like me! Good luck to everyone! We all deserve better, fitter, healthier lives!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you're doing it in a well balanced way that works for you, so that is awesome. I also use 5lb weights. I've always had really strong legs (I did dance off and on for 8yrs) but have almost no upper body strength. I do push ups on the stairs at my house so I can do them at an incline, and I'm happy if I can do ten. I don't know why I'm so imbalanced.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #7  

Thank you! My leg are extremely strong also. Lots of sports as a kid, but now there just covered in fat..eww! A lot of people are imbalanced, just keep doing what your doing. Since you use your legs more often then your arms in dance inlies the problem. Not much can be done because you will take focus off of the lower half of your body and you might in fact slow up your weight loss. But all in all moving is what counts...lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote