3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Met and passed my original goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/217790-met-passed-my-original-goal.html)

kerielaine 11-19-2010 11:21 AM

Met and passed my original goal!

Back in January when I first made the decision to lose weight, I knew that I wanted 2010 to be a year of change. There was something so powerful about this year that I knew it was going to be special.

On February 11, 2010 I left my husband. He told me he liked little girls and he made a comment about my 4 year old niece. I was so devastated. Thankfully, I know he never did anything to her. He only met her once and it was with my brother in law and sister and we just went out to lunch. She was in our sights the entire time. He wasn't even sitting by her. But the THOUGHT of him ever harming her really scared me. I had to leave. He said he wasn't going to change and he didn't think his feelings were wrong.

When I left I made the decision to lose all the weight I had gained while married to him. We married on November 14, 2008. In 16 months I had put on 50lbs! In February I made it a goal to lose that 50lbs by the time the divorce was final.

Today is that day. I will go into the courthouse today and file the final judgment and it should be finalized today.

To date, I have not only met my goal of 50lbs lost but I have exceeded it! I've lost 62lbs!

Today is a significant day for me. I know saying that you are proud of yourself is very, well, prideful, but I am so proud of myself. This entire accomplishment just hit me this morning!

I have set myself another goal of 50lbs by June 1st. I think that if I can meet it AND exceed it once, then I can do it again!!!

I'm so thankful to be here at 3FC's to have this support and motivation! You all are amazing.

skigirl84 11-19-2010 11:38 AM

I think that deserves more than just a congrats!!!! :hug:

I'm glad you passed your goal and you feel like everything is heading in the right direction. Good luck on your June goal, if you keep it up that won't be a problem!

pinkflower 11-19-2010 11:39 AM

You've come so far! I bet it will feel amazing to finalize the divorce, but I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you to hear. It is so scary that he's still out there, but I know they can't do anything because he hasn't committed a crime.

You sound so positive, and you should be proud of yourself! I look forward to hearing about more of your successes!!!!

Jade235 11-19-2010 11:39 AM

Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment, especially considering what you were going through at the time. As far as being prideful, I think having healthful pride in ourselves and our accomplishments is what keeps us going and you have every reason and right to be proud of yourself. Again, congratulations. Could you share what you have been doing?

bargoo 11-19-2010 11:53 AM

Congratulations , you have reason to be proud ! Your ex should be reported to authorities as he is a pervert, Thank God he didn't harm your niece but what about about other little girls?

bridietogo 11-19-2010 12:06 PM

You deserve to be proud of yourself - look at what you have achieved at such a difficult point in your life. A whole new world of being you awaits you - enjoy it, you've earned it.

Rosinante 11-19-2010 12:09 PM

Well done, it must really feel like erasing the past. :carrot:

cherrypie 11-19-2010 12:36 PM

Awsome job under trying circumstances. And kudos to you for having the courage to leave him in the first place.

jojobean5 11-19-2010 01:34 PM

Wow! Congrats! You've totally made some really good, really hard changes in your life. COngrats on having the courage to make those changes for yourself and your family!

Onederchic 11-19-2010 01:40 PM

Congrats! :hug:

oOPeanutOo 11-19-2010 09:29 PM

Congratulations for not only surpassing your original goal but for moving on with your life as well.

irishaussie 11-20-2010 12:30 AM

Congrats to you for achieving your goal and going past it. The world is now your oyster. Good luck for the future.

Queen Donna 11-20-2010 10:45 AM

:carrot:Wonderful story! :D Wonderful accomplishment! You are a very brave woman. Keep up your good work and be sure to remain proud of yourself.

Regards,
Donna

kerielaine 11-20-2010 11:03 AM

Thank you so much everyone! I filed the papers. It should be final now. It was so nervewracking!

vdander24 11-20-2010 11:06 AM

That is TRULY the path of change we are all on! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have every right to shout it from the rooftops!!! Enjoy.