3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   How I Lost 25 Pounds Playing Video Games! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/216799-how-i-lost-25-pounds-playing-video-games.html)

GoSparkie 11-07-2010 05:25 PM

How I Lost 25 Pounds Playing Video Games!

At my heaviest, I weighed 193 and was utterly disgusted with myself. At the time, I didn't have any fitness equipment, but I did have one of those Wii fit boards, and the little program that went with it - so I thought, what the heck?

I mostly did the hula hoop, the step aerobics and some of the strength building exercises like the lunges, jackknifes and such, and in the span of about 2 months, I dropped 25 pounds and a pants size. I did this for about 30 minutes every day. It seems crazy but it really did work :)

Onederchic 11-07-2010 06:10 PM

Congrats :)

IslandVet 11-07-2010 07:02 PM

Awesome job! I like the Wii fit, too. There is one at my parents' house, but I rarely get a chance to use it. I stayed with them for awhile about a year ago after I broke both of my arms. It was one of the only things I could really do with 2 casts. That little board is pretty strict!! I found myself getting on it every day just so I wouldn't disappoint it. LOL!

burgundyrayne 11-07-2010 07:28 PM

I love my wii and wii fit. I use them a lot. Congrats on your success so far.

GoSparkie 11-07-2010 08:11 PM

LOL - try getting on it when its your birthday. It's cute what it does :)

More recently, I've gotten into line dancing. You want to talk about a way to tone your calves fast? Whew!

BellaLucia 11-07-2010 08:12 PM

Keep up the good work!

t0rn 11-07-2010 09:22 PM

Congrats, that's awesome! :)

The Wii is my main exercise right now, and I love it. That hula game kills my legs, but it's fun & a bit of a work out for me. It's nice to hear from someone that actually lost weight doing that! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandVet (Post 3557384)
That little board is pretty strict!! I found myself getting on it every day just so I wouldn't disappoint it. LOL!

Yes, he is very strict, it's great!

Again, Congratulations! Way to go.

:celebrate:

Tokyo-gal 11-07-2010 09:27 PM

Thats great! I have been thinking of getting one. I tried wii fit at my sisters place I loved the Hula and yoga moves. Will the wii board work on carpet?

penmage 11-07-2010 09:51 PM

Congrats! Kind of makes me want to go get one.

t0rn 11-07-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo-gal (Post 3557608)
Thats great! I have been thinking of getting one. I tried wii fit at my sisters place I loved the Hula and yoga moves. Will the wii board work on carpet?

I use mine on a carpet.

GoSparkie 11-08-2010 03:53 PM

Yep, I use it on carpet, it has little pads on each of the four sides, so its a little raised off the carpet (which means you have to be careful doing the step aerobics).

melissario 11-08-2010 08:57 PM

WTG!! I love my Wii Fit :)

KathleanAgain 11-09-2010 10:05 PM

I love my Wii fit, despite the fact it tells me I'm fat. :) But it also weighs me a few pounds less than my scale, which is a good, quick ego booster.

Congratulations on the weight loss! It's even better that you had some fun taking it off!

emthompson 11-14-2010 11:08 PM

Wow, I'd always heard reports that the thing didn't work...maybe I should break out my Wii board again, even if he is a little mean to me sometimes. :)