Size 8!! :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay so this is just a little mini goal... but I'm proud nontheless! Today I went dress shopping for my upcoming aunt's wedding. The dress I wanted, of course did not come in my usual 10 size! They had it in an 8.

The stringbean of a sales clerk handed it to me and said "Try it on, you may be surprised!!"

I think I snorted/laughed/gagged in her face... but to appease her, went into the dressing room and tried it on.

Inwardly, I SCREAMED.... It fit!!!!!!!! An 8?!?! 8?!?! I had been a 10, even a 12 for the longest time!

Thinking this was a fluke, I then proceeded to try on several other 8's to see if they fit as well.

All were a LITTLE snug, but all got zippered without leaving any flesh hanging out. And I was able to comfortably breathe!

Sorry... just had to share in my excitement!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the support!! Now I'm shooting for a 6!
  • That's awesome, congratulations!!

DO NOT apologize, it is extremely exciting to lose sizes, and reading about victories like yours motivates me even further!
  • That's so exciting! I think 8 would be my dream size. Way to go!
  • Oh how exciting! I totally get how wonderful it is to fit into a single digit clothing item! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!
  • Congrats!!
  • Thanks guys!!! And GenetJen, you must be close to an 8! We weigh almost the same!

I'm MOST happy that I will be okay with people making me take pictures with family at the wedding. I used to HATE having my picture taken -- now I can stand it. lol
  • Yay! Very exciting!! Congrats missy!
  • Yay!!!
  • Woohoo!! And don't be sorry!! I'd be SOOOO excited too!!!
  • Quote:
    thepapillon wrote: Sorry... just had to share in my excitement!!!!!!!!
    Don't be sorry - I'm excited for you. Have a great time at the wedding, and when they take pictures, be front and center (well, you know, at least don't hide behind everyone They will be great reminders of your success, and to stay on track. Congratulations!
  • Yay for single digit clothing ::can't wait till she gets there::
  • Yay!!!
  • Way to go!
  • That's awesome!!! Congrats girl!!
  • Well done!!!!!