25 lbs in 11 weeks woohoo!

• I started my journey at 221 lbs about 11 weeks ago and I am now down to 196! According to my BMI I am now officially overweight too!

I was holding off sharing this until I lost more but I"m just really really happy!

This is the lowest I have been in years. I am praying and trying to stay strong to make it all the way this time. I know and believe and hope I can make it. I've never gone beyond this point and the reason why I didn't want to celebrate is because I'm so scared to celebrate my achievement until I reached a greater goal.

I was inspired by the biggest loser type workouts. I lost the weight by doing a bootcamp workout that I go to 3 x a week and by walking 4 miles a day about 3 times a week...basically the key was all about exercising tons in the gym..going twice a day sometimes, doing weight lifting and eating right.

I lost my first 15 or so over a 2 year period and I never was able to get into consistent weight loss until now.
  • YAY for you!!! How wonderful! GREAT JOB!!! YOU'RE GOING ALL THE WAY BABY!
  • That is wonderful, congrats!
  • Congrats!!! Keep it up!!!
  • I totally get the "I don't want to celebrate yet" mentality. I tend to derail my efforts to diet after about a month and/or travel (or any situation in which one is forced to eat out 3 times a day or left at the mercy of other people's eating habits/pantry for several days). I've kept my food journal for 6 weeks now (a personal record), but I'm about to spend a few days in London and then a month back at my parents' house (and they are not the healthiest eaters...). You bet I'm holding my breath until I get back from visiting!

All the same, your weight is as a personal low AND you've moved into in a new (healthier) BMI range - you should be very happy!

In the words of Journey: "Hold on to that feeling." I hope it gives you the incentive to persevere as you face your challenges. Congrats and good luck!