50 Pounds Down

• And I have reached ONEderland. (Again )

I have been working on this since December 2008, and losing slowly but steadily since. Sometimes I am better at eating right, logging my food and exercising regularly, sometimes less so. Some months I lost 1 pound, and other months I lost almost 10.

For me, the journey has been the key. I have gotten stronger, gained endurance. Heck, I became a runner and I like it.

On the other hand, I am losing clothing left and right, as I shrink out of them. I make a lot of my own clothing for some of my hobbies and it is a bit frustrating to have spend hours sewing a dress and then find the next time you wear it that it will not fit you in the way it is meant to. I am working in sweating this less, but it is hard.

I still have 65 to 75 pounds left to go, so my journey is far from over. And the list of things that I am not going to do (like buy a new ball gown, or get fitted for a new SCUBA buoyancy control device) until I have stabilized my weight is starting to get long. But I am still okay, and I am still enjoying myself.

And I am still a big old loser.

• Dhani
  • Congratulations! You must feel terrific. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J
  • Great job!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • wtg keep up the good work
  • Great job!
  • That is terrific!!!! Keep up all the hard work
  • Congrats!!
  • Congrats! 50 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment!