3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Yeee! I made it through the first month! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/202439-yeee-i-made-through-first-month.html)

ninepaw 05-21-2010 01:50 PM

Yeee! I made it through the first month!

Yep, that's right! One month ago on April 21st is when I made the decision to change my life... One whole month! :D

As if that wasn't enough, I decided to actually count my weigh in today, simply because it is a landmark(Normally I only actually log Wednesdays), and I have lost 14 pounds! :carrot:

I know it won't stay this easy or fast, but I don't care. I'm gonna be all happy and excited while I can be!

For those of you who want to know, I'm not following any specific plan. I can't calorie count, because I just can't see myself doing it forever. So Instead I've been practicing portion control, allowing myself a treat here and there so I don't go nuts and binge on everything I can find. Throw in some exercise(Although not as much as I should. I'm working on that!), and you basically have my strategy!

One month down and I'm a little more than 1/9 of the way there... I can deal with this!

nationalparker 05-21-2010 01:59 PM

That is AWESOME! You GO, Girl! :) You SHOULD be proud - think of this feeling when you're being tempted down the line. Your plan sounds do-able for the rest of your life, and that's the key. You're already 2/3 of the way to your first mini-goal, which is a great one!

ninepaw 05-21-2010 02:11 PM

Thank you very much! :D

I really like my mini goal for a couple of reasons. For one thing, I made it 21 pounds because I hate how losing 10 pounds at a time from start would put me at incriments of 6. It just bugged me, I like things in fives for my weight! So 21 evened that out for me. It gives me something to be excited about to hopefully have it done by my birthday(Not that I'm not excited about that anyway, but whatever!). And... It puts me back where I was last time I paid attention to what I weighed several months ago.

Lots of good things wrapped up in that mini goal for me. Lots and lots of good things. :)

mready 05-21-2010 02:17 PM

Way to go!

Matilda08 05-21-2010 02:46 PM

WTG keep up the good work

Onederchic 05-21-2010 03:12 PM

:woohoo:

wannabeahotmama 05-21-2010 04:50 PM

Great job! My weight loss efforts are the same as yours with portion control and allowing myself treats every now and then. I also have generally cut out most processed and 'unhealthy' foods, and my goal with water is 100 ounces a day. It feels great doesn't it! And I would almost be willing to say 'easy'. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more updates! Your birthday goal seems very attainable!

ninepaw 05-21-2010 06:09 PM

I think 'easy' is almost right for it! I still have my moments, but because I let myself indulge here and there... I think that's really going to be the thing that saves me. :) If I still have what I want, but significantly less often... I don't feel the need to eat everything all at once. And that's always been my biggest downfall - Over limiting myself. All of a sudden I was eating EVERYTHING - And in insane amounts! Not this time, though. This time, I am in freaking control! :cheer2:

MissKelly 05-21-2010 06:55 PM

Great, ninepaw! Keep up the nice work!:carrot:

jigglefree 05-22-2010 02:07 AM

:carrot::cb::jig::dance::broc::high: Go head, Go head!!! Congrats on making it the first month.

spaghetticat 05-22-2010 02:58 AM

Congratulations! Any "plan" that works for you is a great plan! Keep up the great effort and work!

RoseRR 05-22-2010 09:44 AM

Congratulations for what you accomplished so far and yeah there is no right or wrong plans for loosing weight as long as it works for you.. Great work... Keep going..

DhaniCauldwell 05-22-2010 06:05 PM

Good for you for finding a program that works for you. Keep up the great work!

-Dhani :queen:

JayLei 05-23-2010 09:32 PM

That is so awesome! Congrats!

It's kind of fun how you evened things out with your first goal. I set my first weight goal at 17 pounds, which will put me at 181. Odd numbers, but for some reason it all made sense to me.

proudmommy09 05-23-2010 10:08 PM

great