New shorts and old friends

• The middle of July my husband and I are going to visit some old friends we have not seen in a bit over a year. I havent said anything to them about my trying to lose weight, and my goal is to arrive at their doorstep, and have it take them a few seconds for them to recognize me. SURPRISE!!

I am down right at 30 pounds now, and another 20 pounds in 9 weeks is going to be a bit tough to pull off, but that is the goal. If its only 15 or so, I will still be very happy, but 20 more is the goal for the next 2 months.

Btw..picked up some size 12 and 14 shorts at a yard sale today. The 14s fit!!! I will be honest and say that they are a tiny bit tight, and the pockets dont sit quite right, but didnt have to lie down or suck in too much to get them fastened. I figure another 5 or 6 pounds, and they will fit just right. Holding onto the 12s for another 15 lbs or so. I cant say I will ever be able to wear that fabled tiny black dress, but I'll be thrilled to be able to wear a pair of size 12 shorts!!
  • Good job so far and good luck.
  • Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! You will make your goal cause you are determined to do so. I know you will wow your friends.
  • Good for you! Your friends will be so surprised.

I know what you mean about the pockets, but I just try to ignore them--sometimes I just want to glue them down. I'm trying to fit comfortably into my 12 shorts before vacation. I can zip them up, but then I have the dreaded muffin top . It's hard to get off and on the rides in tight clothes, but I only have 4 weeks to go so I may be hitting the thrift stores for some 14s.

My nephew is getting married in August, so his Mom, my other sister and I are all trying to lose weight. I can't wait to see them even though they are doing better than I am .