BIG NSV - My Latest A1C Results

• I am a type II diabetic - diagnosed almost 11 years ago. Last year (August) I was put on insulin 4 times a day and had an A1C of 12.1 (which is horrible, but my highest A1C ever was over 13). I joined 3FC and started my journey on February 25, 2010. Within a week I called the doctor and because of my blood sugar readings they cut my mealtime insulin doses in half. Well, yesterday I went to see the doctor and had new blood work done. An A1C test measures blood sugar levels for the previous 2-3 months. After only 5 1/2 weeks of my new lifestyle my A1C has improved to a . . . drum roll please . . . 7.5.

A 7.5 is amazing for me. It means I have cut my average blood sugar in half. The target number for a diabetic is 7.0 or below. This is the first time in probably 8 years or so that I have even been close to anything in the 7's. I'm hoping my next test (in July) will put me in the 6's. My doctor is doing a happy dance!
  • Wahoo! That is awesome!

I don't get my labs done til May but I'm prediabetic and I know the A1C drill. You keep on rocking it!

A.
  • That is so amazing. My papa was a diabetic. So I know how important those numbers are. I had to give him shots..and I hated it but he had to have them.
    Maybe your numbers will drop even more. Great job!
  • That is awesome! If your ticker is accurate then you have lost approximately 5% of your body weight and look at the rewards! It will only get better as you keep going! Keep up the good work!
  • Fantastic!