Silly Skirt NSV

• I NEVER wear skirts. That being said, I buy a lot of them. Usually, when I wear them I'm so incredibly uncomfortable because of my thighs rubbing together.

Today, I'm wearing a skirt. I bought it a couple of years ago when I was in the Army, and quickly grew out of it as I transitioned to civilian life (AKA gained 70 pounds).

I tried it on last night and it's just on the verge of being unwearable again (for the good reasons this time...) and my DH said that I should probably wear it before it no longer fits. So I wore it to work today and I'm perfectly comfortable and while my thighs still rub together a little, not to the point where they hurt!! So exciting! I can wear skirts again!!

Silly but significant!!
  • It's not silly if it is significant to you! Yay for getting back into your skirt!
  • Good for you! I can't wait until I can go for walks or stand around without all of that thigh chafing going on!

Barb
  • Yay! I'm in Kansas too and was very tempted to wear a skirt today. This weather just inspires a change in wardrobe! Congrats!
  • "Chub Rub" is one of the most painful things...congrats!!
  • Congrats! I can't wait to wear skirts again!
  • That is great!! Wearing a skirt is a great accomplishment when you aren't pained by burning skin!!
  • Yay! Great NSV!

Quote:
    I'm so incredibly uncomfortable because of my thighs rubbing together.
    Bodyglide is my best friend!

http://www.bodyglide.com/

A.
  • It's not silly at all, it is great! Congrats
  • i wear my skirts with a pair of "thigh slimming" underwear to solve the rub problem. saves the discomfort, and way better than wearing dreadful beige hose.