I got passed my first wall!!!!

• I've been doing quite well staying on plan and seeing progress. Well yesterday I was out with my family and decided to try on some clothes...a week before my planned date. Well back on Jan 3 it was my goal to be in a 20w by Valentines Day. I made ahead of time. So I decided to see if I could possibly squeeze in a size 18w. Well I couldn't and was a little discouraged. My thinking immediately went to this thought, "You can't get into the 18 so what makes you think you will be able to get to a size 10?" I was starting to get really sad about it. I had already measured myself and saw I have lost a total of 12 inches. I can wear all the 20s in my closet and I was excited. So I was aware of my progress. So now I'm feeling sad...I was thinking about quitting. That didn't last long. I said to myself, Oh no you don't. There is lots of progress and we are not quitting until we get to that size 10." Then I got home and we sat around for a while and I got sleepy. I was going to go get in the bed then I looked my husband and said I'm getting up and going to go do my work out. And I did. I felt so good after my workout.

This was a major victory for me. I didn't quit, I didn't eat something over my calorie budget, and I didn't fall apart.
  • awwww congrats on working through the discouraging thoughts! that is the first step to victory!
  • Way to break through the challanges... The victory is just on the other side!!!!!!!!!!
  • way to go! i'm sure we all feel like this every now and then, and what an achievement it is to get past that in a healthy way, without giving up. giving up when we are afraid of failure is an issue for everyone here.

we can't get from size 22 to size 18 without being size 20 for awhile, right? so, congratulations on your success so far and keep going!
  • Way to go!
  • Jigglefre, u'll get there! Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats!!!!! That is excellent! That feeling really is so empowering.
  • Jigglefree, I'm really proud of you! I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've been at this point so many times in my past efforts to lose weight. I'll lose a size and then when it takes a while to get to the next size I get discouraged and quit. I've learned from my mistakes and I am not going to do that this time around! I'm glad you got past that wall.

I'd be sad if my my size 10 friend quit! We're going to get there together!!!
  • You're beating it! You could've just given up and given in, but you didn't, and you'll be at your goal soon enough. Take that evil pants!
  • Way to go!!!
  • Good job! Those little victories feel GOOD, don't they?
  • Congratulations!! You are always so supportive of everyone else on here. You deserve a big round of applause. Keep up the good spirits and keep realizing that little voice is exactly that. Your heart is so much bigger than that little voice - I can tell by your posts.

A thousand are dancing for you here halfway around the world!!
  • Congratulations on not giving in! I cannot count how many times I have done just that, give up. But these goals are absolutely attainable if we all just stick to it.
  • Good for you!