Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #1  
Reindeer & Bunnies

S/C/G: 245.5/233.75/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking I love the Gym!

Ok so I have been waiting for today all week so I could share my first big achievement with you all! I just moved to my new home of Roanoke, VA from Denver, CO this past summer. You know wanted a change of pace a new adventure, a new me! Well when I moved out here and did my physical for my new job I weighed in at 242lbs -YIKES! The highest I had ever been. I was determined that since the move was such a big change for me that I should work at losing the weight I had gained my last few months in Colorado. I worked at it and got down below 230, but was not as dedicated as I should have been.

Being in a new place, especially where you know so few people, its hard to get out to do stuff. I am not comfortable going to the bar by myself to meet new people, so I finally decided that I would join the local YMCA to not only meet new people, but to finally get my butt into gear and start sheading some pounds. I dont know about you all, but in the past I have been a vitcim of crash diets- the quick fix that never works. I get so lost in the crap of losing weight so fast that I go for it and fail. This time I have made the choice to do it the right way- not only does doing this make me feel so much better, but it is so much more effective, and I am having fun! Thus it brings me to my first mini-goal which is getting up every day and working out before work and then again after for a whole week. I know this may seem extreme, but I am commited to working hard at this to be successful and by forcing myself to go two times a day gets me out of my house and meeting new people. I have workout buddies now that help hold me accountable which has been wonderful. The hardest thing is getting up at 5 a.m., but no matter how much I want to stay in bed, it never beats how good I feel after I workout. It has increased my energy significantly and I just feel all around good!

I have also been really educating myself on the science of losing weight and what workouts are the best. This has probably been one of the more fun things about this process. I am a teacher, so I love to learn and have really found out some vital things about my body, foods, and workouts that have already shown me results!

Sorry for rambling, but I am just so excited for this accomplishment. The next goal is to continue to 21 days, because they say it takes 21 days to create a habit and being healthy and becoming fit is a habit I want to work at! Thanks for reading!
mkwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! I think this is defintely something to get excited about. It can be so hard to get the right mindset about working out and then there's the part about following through! I don't think it's extreme, sometimes you just have to get started and then settle in to find what works best for you. And it's great that you've got buddies to keep you company and on track. How smart to have your focus on health and the long term instead of just a diet, a number or a quick fix. You certainly have the determination and the knowledge to get this done.

Keep up the good work - can't wait to hear of your continung success!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #3  
Reindeer & Bunnies

S/C/G: 245.5/233.75/150

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much for your support!
mkwow is offline   Reply With Quote