My Christmas Jeans -- pics

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been in a bit of a funk for a week or so because September has brought me a grand total loss of 1.4 measly pounds. My shape is changing, though, because I've been a little more serious and regular with my running program so I can feel my hips slimming down and things like that. Still.....1.4 pounds? Really?

So today I was cleaning clothes out of my closet and found a pair of jeans I didn't recognize. Then I realized--these are the jeans I bought after Christmas. The jeans that I cried when I bought them because they were so cheap and ugly and big. They are size 20W. On a whim, I put them on....and they are HUGE. See the pictures below for how they fit me now.

I can't believe I wore these jeans. I can't believe I filled them out. But I did, because it was right after I bought these ugly things that I made the decision to change my lifestyle. I can pull them on and off without unzipping. I looked at the spreadsheet where I log these things, and I've lost aprox. 7 inches from my waist. Not bad for an old 48 year old girl!

My current jeans are size 14; I bought them last weekend and after wearing them the first time tonight for a couple of hours, they feel a little baggy. So I won't get to enjoy them for long and maybe should have bought a 12 but I didn't want them to feel tight around my middle. I meant to include a pic of those but my son took off before I thought about having him take the photo.

This is just a reminder to myself and to anyone else who is struggling that it's not always about the pounds, and even though I haven't lost much this month I am still WAY better off than I was at Christmas!

• Wow 7 inches well done!
    You look great in those pictures too by the way
  • Congrats!
  • Wow, I can't believe that's a size 14. Happy Christmas this year!
  • No, no....the pics aren't 14. My current jeans are 14's. The jeans in the pic are 20W. I edited the original post because I can see now that I wasn't clear at all which jeans I was wearing in the pictures!
  • LOL, I'm the one that didn't make sense - I meant I can't believe you are size 14
  • Woohoo! Awesome
  • Quote: LOL, I'm the one that didn't make sense - I meant I can't believe you are size 14

Hmmmmm......I'm not sure how to take that, LOL. I kinda can't believe I'm a 14 either, and heading to a 12. I haven't worn a 12 since my 22 year old son was a tot.
  • Congarts!!
  • Yay for you! You are doing great! You look great in the photos -- thanks for sharing -- they are very inspiring.
  • Nice!
  • Well done! Congratulations on such a visible accomplishment; you must feel great!

Cheers,

J
  • Quote: Hmmmmm......I'm not sure how to take that, LOL. I kinda can't believe I'm a 14 either, and heading to a 12. I haven't worn a 12 since my 22 year old son was a tot.
    I meant you look much smaller!!! I'd delete the post and rephrase the whole thing, but then the posts after would be confusing. Sorry I made no sense!
  • Wow, Windchime, lookin' good! How great to try on those jeans and have them falling off. And I think you look smaller than a size 14.
  • Good work !!!!