3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Baring it all.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/181213-baring-all.html)

sockmonkey70 09-07-2009 02:14 PM

Baring it all....

1 Attachment(s)
So I have been stuck for months going up and down with the same five pounds...I had started thinking I have made no progress....I started feeling like I looked exactly the same as when I started. So I pulled out my handy dandy camera because I hadn't taken progress pictures in quite some time.

Fact of the matter is that I have to stop letting my brain play tricks on me and get focused. I have come a long way. I have kept the weight off two years. Now it's time to refocus and make that last stretch of the journey.

So here is my comparison before and after 50 pounds.

I know I haven't been around as much lately, but I have to tell you...You chicks have helped me more than you could ever know :)

Windchime 09-07-2009 02:23 PM

Isn't it so strange how our brains play tricks on us? One moment I will feel great; the next moment, I could swear that I am still 47 pounds heavier and still look exactly the same.

Congratulations on your success. I definitely see a big difference in your "before" and "now" pics. I am so very sorry that I don't have full-body "before" pics. I was so depressed and camera-shy, but I can see now that it would really help me to have something to look at when I am feeling low. You look so slim and trim!

LotusMama 09-07-2009 02:41 PM

It is strange how our minds play tricks on us. You look fabulous and have made tremendous progress. Congratulations on your progress!

J

Lizzyg 09-07-2009 02:54 PM

I get like that too! I have to look at pictures to remind myself that I DO look different, even though sometimes when I look in the mirror I see the same 290+ body.

You look great!

sockmonkey70 09-07-2009 02:55 PM

Thanks *blush*

Yea when I first started taking the progress pics I figured no one would EVER see them but me. But I saw a lot of other brave ladies who felt no shame in posting them up here, and I know how much seeing their progress inspired me. So eh....I am the one that got lazy and put that gut on, might as well let people see it. Not like they couldn't imagine what terror lurked beneath my clothes anyway hahah.

justmary 09-07-2009 03:47 PM

You're looking great! Keep up the good work.

justaloozer 09-07-2009 04:06 PM

You look great!! And I LOVE your haircut!!! Definitely a big difference!!

JulieJ08 09-07-2009 08:00 PM

Wow, really a big difference. Congratulations :carrot:

Onederchic 09-07-2009 08:41 PM

You look amazing! Congrats :hug:

CountingDown 09-07-2009 08:44 PM

:hug: Thank you for being brave and posting the pictures. What an AMAZING difference! You look great! Your avatar picture is beautiful - absolutely beautiful.

You need to celebrate your progress and realize how far you have come.

:cp: Way to go!!!

EveLHaelf 09-07-2009 08:57 PM

You are looking great!

CLCSC145 09-07-2009 11:27 PM

Yay, Sockmonkey!!!! You are doing such a good job and you look wonderful. Keep it up, girlie!!

jessicado22 09-07-2009 11:35 PM

You look awesome! There is a def a huge difference! Thanks for being brave enough to post photos too...they are great inspiration.

HotWings 09-07-2009 11:46 PM

You are looking fantastic!!! And you have kept that 50 lbs off to boot - what a great victory for you :yes: You have inspired me this evening - thanks for posting! :)

FitGirlyGirl 09-08-2009 11:42 AM

I think it happens to us all sometimes. I know there are days when I feel like I have made no progress yet despite having lost almost 40 pounds so far. Looking at progress pics definitely helps, so does looking back at the record I keep of my weights and body measurements.

You look great and should be very proud of yourself.