3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   New Diet off to a Great Start :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/180493-new-diet-off-great-start.html)

ladykayte 08-29-2009 08:16 PM

New Diet off to a Great Start :)

Hi there,

I'm new here and on a new diet. My plan is to do a very simple low-calorie diet, eating about 1300 calories a day.

Today is my 6th day on the diet and I'm happy to say I've done perfectly so far! I didn't weigh myself before I started, so I have no idea if I've lost anything, but I feel great so far both physically and emotionally -- being off to a good start feels wonderful.

The biggest test was today, Saturday. During the week it's easy to stay distracted at work so I'm not tempted to snack a lot, but I was worried I would get the munchies over the weekend. So my first weekend is half over and still successful.. yay!

Next big test: Labor Day camping trip = all that yummy camp food... we'll see how it goes ;)

harrismm 08-29-2009 08:45 PM

Starting is a step that many people never take.Good job!!!

justmary 08-30-2009 05:16 PM

Congrats! I bet you had a good weight loss. I understand about weekends being hard. So is the nighttimes for me. Keep up the good work!

ladykayte 09-07-2009 04:44 PM

Just got back from Labor Day camping... it was harder than I thought to stay on my diet, and I think I went a bit overboard a couple times. I knew I wouldn't have my diet food with me there, but my goal was just to eat reasonably. I think I did most of the time, but there were a couple times I splurged.

I don't think I did too bad, but I know I didn't stick to my calorie limit. I just hope the extra physical activity can offset it (our campsite was horrible so it took a lot of work setting up the tent lol).

But not to worry -- I'm back home now and getting right back on my diet. I won't allow 2 days of camping to ruin my progress!

misspriss78 09-07-2009 06:47 PM

Ladykate-Good for you for eating reasonable and getting right back on your diet! NICE GOING.:carrot:

Im new here too, just signed up today! I started a low calorie diet yesterday and so far so good!

We can do this:)

sarahte 09-10-2009 04:03 AM

wow thats really great! Im having such a hard time sticking to my low carb diet! So what is a typical day of eating for you then?...Im wondering if i should try a different diet...Im getting really tired of eating meat all the time :S Can't wait to hear how much weight you've lost!

Onederchic 09-10-2009 11:04 AM

:woohoo:

ladykayte 09-10-2009 11:43 AM

I'm doing slim fast mostly. I know I could cut calories in other ways, but having a slim fast is so easy I don't even have to think about it. Just grab and go. So far it's working great. :D

I'm also trying to add more whole grains and fiber, eating veggies from my garden, and cut out sugar (though not entirely) and white flour. I like feeling more healthy, and I'm willing to eat a few more calories of something with whole grains rather than junk food, because overall I think it benefits me more.