3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   I ate broccoli!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/178951-i-ate-broccoli.html)

maryellenatl 08-11-2009 08:04 PM

I ate broccoli!!

Yay for me I actually cooked broccoli for the first time. I roasted it with grape tomatoes, evoo and garlic. It wasnt bad, i need to experiment with more flavors. This is a pretty big goal for me. Just wanted to pat myself on the back.

Have a great night.

Mary Ellen

Onederchic 08-11-2009 08:23 PM

Congrats Mary Ellen! :hug:

pucedaisy 08-11-2009 09:35 PM

yum! good for you!

wendyland 08-11-2009 10:38 PM

Good job! I'm not much of a fan, either. I get a pot with a lid, add a little bit of water in the bottom. Add fresh garlic, s & p, and olive oil. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. It's so good.

AbbySinthe 08-12-2009 08:24 AM

Nice! Great job. Experimenting is going to be great for you in the long run. It'll give you more options so you won't get bored w/the same thing, day in, day out. :hug:

I cook mine w/a little bit of water for about 5 mins, so they're still pretty crisp when they're done. Then, I add Tostito's Brand Salsa con Queso (cheese w/salsa) over the top. It's spicy & really low calorie. 2 tbls is only 40 cals!

amynbebes 08-13-2009 06:28 PM

Sounds delish!

TheRose76 08-13-2009 07:30 PM

You kidding me...steamed broccoli and califlower with a lil butter or cheese, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guinea Piggy 08-13-2009 07:47 PM

right on, broccoli is so good for you. next time try baking the broccoli until it is tender then sprinkle it with a little olive oil, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese - OMG it's good.

Sunnigummi 08-13-2009 09:13 PM

I'll co-sign the broccoli love petition. That stuff rules. Everytime it's cheap or fresh-looking, I'll buy a bunch. For dinner today, I put a whole bunch in the rice and it tasted goooooood. I'm the only one in my family who likes it though, weirdly enough. Can't get enough of it! I also put a little water in the pot, cook it thoroughly (I like mine less crunchy), add a tsp of olive oil, salt and sliced garlic. Holy moly it's good.

Ija 08-13-2009 09:43 PM

oooh, roasted broccoli, one of my favorite ways to prepare it!

Congrats on expanding your culinary repertoire! Soon you'll be getting into all kinds of new, exciting foods. There's so much good stuff out there!

jendiet 08-14-2009 11:16 AM

I love broccoli, only known veggie that has been PROVEN to help prevent cancer. And can you please make me some of that???

napalmtree 08-20-2009 03:40 AM

You don't like broccoli?! D: Well, I'm glad you liked it this time! I LOVE cooked broccoli (not a fan of it when its raw...) especially with cheese, though cheese is pretty much a no-no, since I can't find a decent-tasting low fat version. >_>

My favorite thing ever used to be those bags of broccoli in a bag that you heat in a microwave. I would put so much cheese on them that if they were alive, they'd drown.