Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-12-2009, 01:48 AM   #1  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

Thumbs up 30 lbs. in 3 months: not bad for an old broad!

Hi everyone!

As of today (my 3rd month anniversary), I've dropped 30 lbs!!! I'm approaching 58 years old (September), so really, I'm amazing myself at how well I'm doing and how much I've lost in such a short period of time. I had my annual physical a few weeks ago, and my doctor was amazed and my lab results all prove what an amazing, healthy transformation I'm going through.

I'm following South Beach, but I've also gone from 0 minutes of exercise a month to 1-2 hours of "exercise" a day. I put that in quotes, because I'm not doing traditional exercise, I'm dancing! I figured I love to dance, so why not? I have created a play list of all my favorite dance songs, "through the ages" (LOL), and have it on shuffle, so no work-out is ever the same. Except my first song is always "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!"

But just as importantly, is my new mindset. I'm following much of "The Solution" by Laurel Mellin...and learning to react like an adult to "hunger" (instead of like a small child who wants what they want, when they want it, regardless of whether it's good for them or not)....and it has made a huge difference! And I have also learned, as part of that, to listen to my neck! If my so-called hunger is above the neck, it's something emotional I'm hungry for, not food. And I go within myself, discover what I'm really (emotionally) hungry for, and feed it in ways that don't have to do with actual food. But if my hunger is below my neck, in the gut, it's true hunger. Even still, I feed it healthy, not junk. White carbs, most sugar, and most artificial sweeteners are all gone from my life (along with all of the cravings they produce), and frankly I've never felt better! I haven't had a single diet soda in the entire 3 months! Cravings left after about 4 days, and it's like a brand new world, with enhanced taste buds making so many healthy foods tasting amazing!

I also have to give a big ole shout out to the ladies here. You have been amazing and your support has helped me, tremendously, get to where I am.

My end goal is another 50 lbs. or so, but I'm confident I'll get there, or darned close! I can't wait to see how I look come Christmas!!!

You can follow me here:

http://sunnygee.blogspot.com/
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Dear Sunny Gee:

I'm a slightly older broad (63+) and am very impressed with your results. I began spinning a few months ago and have not had nearly the success you have had. BUT, I'm not giving up.

I'm watching the calories and rarely eat sweets or drink alcohol. I've never been keen on artificially sweetened (or even sweetened) carbonated drinks. I just read your blog about your giving all those up.

I've recently increased my exercise by hiring a personal trainer and adding 2 sessions a week with her to my 4 days of spinning.

I know the weight will come off. I think I'll challenge myself to lose 15 pounds by Labor Day.

Thanks for posting...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Way to go!! That is so fantastic! Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

That`s amazing!! I`m now 2 m onths into my programme and have only lost about half that!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that is great! You have lost almost twice what I have in 3 months, so the dancing is obviously working great for you. Although I haven't danced in a number of years, it worked to keep me in good shape in my younger years.

Congratulations!!!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

congratulations, I love dancing too. It's my favorite type of exercise. I bought the Dance, Dance Revolution so I could feed my love for it. I also bought DAnce factory where you can upload your own songs.

When I get to the weight I want, I think as a reward--I will enroll myself in REAL dance classes. Since I love it so much. Especially ballet.

I need to get back into something I used to love to do--make my own routines and moves. I just have felt so fat and awkward--like a dancing hippo instead of a beautiful butterfly.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #7  
Passion Fruit!

Thanks, everyone!

Jen, I don't dance in front of anyone, so it doesn't matter how I look. For my 30 minutes prior to lunch M-Th., I found an empty training classroom at work that I use. I keep the lights off, and move to a back corner that no one can see me in, and put on my Bose over-the-ear headphones, kick off my shoes (it's carpeted), and just let 'er rip. LOL At home, Mr. Sunny occasionally walks by, but I love him and he loves me so it's ok. Sometimes, even, I dance my way through commercial breaks! (without music.) Most commercial breaks last 4 minutes, and you can easily get in 5 breaks (usually more) in an hour show...what an easy way to burn 20 more exercise minutes!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #8  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Wow, your weight loss is unbeiveable!! Since June 1st I have only lost 15 lbs and I am stuck at 225. Have been at 225 for 2 weeks now. I work out everyday at the gym along with Bodypump classes(2x week), and also ride my bike in the evening about 3x a week (with big hills). I think I will start dancing instead!!
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #9  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

You are a total inspiration to me! I visited your blog as well and you have such a positive attitude it's contagious. Congrats on removing 30 lbs. from your body!

I also did a quick search at my library's website for the book you mentioned and they do not carry it, but they do have "The 3-day solution plan: jump start lasting weight loss by turning off the drive to overeat" by Laurel Mellin and I will be picking up a copy either today or tomorrow. Thanks for the author recommendation!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #10  
Passion Fruit!

You know, I'd heard she'd updated the book, but I hadn't looked it up. I've had this for years, yet never read it. doh me. LOL

Thanks!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Wow, fantastic! Congratulations!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #12  
Passion Fruit!

thanks!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #13  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Yippie!

Sunny Gee-

With your attitude and commitment you will reach your ulitmate goal, I have no doubt....

You are really rockin' your plan! You are awesome... Not much else I can say!

:c arrot:
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #14  
Passion Fruit!

awwww, you are too kind! Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #15  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I have really been considering the SBD, but Phase One kinda scares me! How was it for you? I was planning on re-reading the book this weekend, and I have been lurking on the SBD forum.

Anyway, you have done amazing! Truly! I just turned 50, and you give me so much inspiration!

Last edited by Judy Lynn; 07-16-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote