My Journey

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • You're so very welcome and thank you
  • Quote: Some have asked me how I have lost 130 pounds in a little under a year. I thought I would make a small post of how I have accomplished that.

July 2008, I was at my highest weight of 330 pounds. I was on medication for high blood pressure, my blood sugar levels were elevated and I could barely walk from one room to another. I decided enough was enough and I was tired of living my life this way, if you can even call it living. I had struggled with my weight most of life. I've always used food as rewards, treats and comfort for as long as I can remember. It all spiraled out of control and got worse when my husband of 10 years passed in 1999 then in 2005 I found my momma dead then a year later my daddy passed. I am not saying these are valid reasons for putting on so much weight but they are the reasons I turned to food so much. In 2003, I met a guy on the internet. For 5 years we were in a "relationship" but I was lying to him by sending fake pictures but in July 2008 he was tired of sitting in NY alone while I was in Tennessee and he decided to drive the 1800 miles to get me to move in with him. Before he got to Tennessee, I did send him a pic of the real me, all 330 pounds, believing he would drive back to NY and never talk to me again but I was wrong. He said he loves me and he was still coming to get me and he did.

July 21, 2008 is when I started changing my eating habits. I went from 4500 calories a day to about 1000, Yes, I was still learning (and still am) so I was under the belief that less was best when it came to food. Within a few months, I had lost 70 pounds. I was ecstatic. But my progress stalled because I wasn't eating enough which is when I found 3FC and I am thankful everyday for that.
    WOW!!! AMAZING!! you have come so far. that is just really incredible!! you really have worked so extremely hard and still working hard at it! good on you!!!

and that is so romantic about how you and your bf got together, ahhhhhhhhhhhh like something out of a movie.

thanks for sharing your story.

and i am so sorry to hear the loss of your husband, and your parents - they would be so incredibly proud of you
  • Echo, that means so much to me. Thank you very very much
  • Quote: Echo, that means so much to me. Thank you very very much
    awwww its my pleasure you're welcome
  • OMG that is amazing, all the stuff you've done and been through and you're so nice and helpful and I can't stop using this word, and honestly I don't think I've ever said it to anybody before I found 3FC but you're completely an inspiration. My inspiration in fact. I love reading your posts and threads because they give me so much motivation. I have a few comments and questions..

1. Since I've started the diet, I've cried easierly. Like everything that is the littlest bit sad, or if I'm watching TV and something really exciting happens for someone... or a happy moment in someones life, I'll tear up. I do think I'm getting a little mad a bit easily too since then. I don't like this, because it's not just me tearing up, but when I get sad, I can feel it inside me and it sucks. :[ I hope it will stop soon. It kind of confuses me why this is happening because I know that exercise gives you endorphins, and they are suppose to make you happier/ give you "runners high".

2. I was wondering if MFC is for Wii as well? Also, are MFC and GGC both for Wii Fit? I have a Wii but I don't have the Wii Fit.

Thank you for your post. They continue to inspire, motivate, and reasure me that I can do this.
  • You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It's great that you found someone so supportive and that you've lost so much weight! I'm super proud of you and hope to join you in your shining success!
  • Quote: OMG that is amazing, all the stuff you've done and been through and you're so nice and helpful and I can't stop using this word, and honestly I don't think I've ever said it to anybody before I found 3FC but you're completely an inspiration. My inspiration in fact. I love reading your posts and threads because they give me so much motivation. I have a few comments and questions..

1. Since I've started the diet, I've cried easierly. Like everything that is the littlest bit sad, or if I'm watching TV and something really exciting happens for someone... or a happy moment in someones life, I'll tear up. I do think I'm getting a little mad a bit easily too since then. I don't like this, because it's not just me tearing up, but when I get sad, I can feel it inside me and it sucks. :[ I hope it will stop soon. It kind of confuses me why this is happening because I know that exercise gives you endorphins, and they are suppose to make you happier/ give you "runners high".

2. I was wondering if MFC is for Wii as well? Also, are MFC and GGC both for Wii Fit? I have a Wii but I don't have the Wii Fit.

Thank you for your post. They continue to inspire, motivate, and reasure me that I can do this.

Thank you very very much

I am not sure why you're emotions are more sensitive now. I've always been emotionally sensitive :|

MFC (My Fitness Coach) and GGC (Gold's Gym Cardio) are both for the Wii

Thank you again so much, you've put a smile on my face first thing in the morning
  • Quote: You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It's great that you found someone so supportive and that you've lost so much weight! I'm super proud of you and hope to join you in your shining success!

Awww thank you very much!!
  • that is amazing...way to go, you have put so much hard work into it...never give up
  • Thank you so much
  • your story is just amazing!!!
  • Thank you
  • Wow, thanks for the welcome and thanks for your story. Inspiring and realistic.
  • You're welcome and thank you so much
  • I know it's been said before but your story is so honest and inspirational! I mean it!! I really enjoyed reading it and I think you've done an amazing job. Your progress pictures are incredible. And it's wonderful that your boyfriend loves you for your inner beauty!
    Thanks again for sharing!