3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   My Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/174811-my-journey.html)

doingmybest 07-24-2010 11:16 PM

Hi Michelle:

I want you to know that I completely relate to your story.

I have been overweight since I was five years old. I had a very unhappy home life growing up (a lot of verbal and physical abuse). Everyone in my family was overweight. Food was the only thing that would comfort me.

Several years ago my brother, who was morbidly obese, died very suddenly, leaving behind his wife and 2 children, ages 10 and 12.

My parents both died soon after that - and instead of learning the lesson about being overweight, I started to eat even more. The grief and stress in my life had just been too much for me and I always turned to food.

For a very long time, I couldn't look in the mirror or step on the scale. Finally, at the doctor's office, I found out that my weight was 284, and after having to go on blood pressure medicine, I decided that this had to change. I found 3FCs, which is really helping me a lot.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and your pictures. You really are an inspiration to me.

Onederchic 07-24-2010 11:24 PM

I am so very sorry for your losses :hug::hug:

3FC has been a major tool for me during my journey and I look forward to following your success here as well :D :hug:

Echo 08-03-2010 01:19 PM

wow you really worked hard for that weight loss! thanks for sharing your story with us :) truly inspirational! well done you :)

Onederchic 08-03-2010 03:48 PM

Thanks Echo :hug::hug:

Onederchic 08-05-2010 10:59 AM

:hug::hug:

ghost girl 08-06-2010 03:06 AM

Wow I just read your story, saw you pictures and wow you look great.
What an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing.

Onederchic 08-06-2010 11:20 AM

Thank you :hug:

naenae52 08-08-2010 07:15 PM

Would love to read and see your thyroid story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 3423883)
Thank you :hug:

Im new here and was trying to see you journey of 155 lbs lost but cant get to it on facebook unless i request a friendship. So if you get an email for a friendship it is me naenae52 here. If your journey is posted here at 3 fat chicks, please advise how to find it. Thanks..Rene

makehistory 08-08-2010 08:46 PM

Your story is so amazing! You should be beyond proud of yourself. You are an inspiration to us all. :)

Onederchic 08-08-2010 08:56 PM

Thank you! :hug:

classybroad 08-08-2010 09:15 PM

WoW! So inspirational... I can just see by the photos how much better you FEEL! Thanks for sharing... I'm just starting my journey and have to keep telling myself it's one day at a time.

Onederchic 08-08-2010 09:26 PM

Thank you very much and good luck with your goals :hug:

JCSpencer 08-09-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 2794541)
I am human, I have slipups but I can now brush them off, forgive myself and move on. I remember why I am doing this and how I never want to go back from where I came from, health-wise, so I push through. Please don't doubt yourself or wait for motivation or inspiration..do it for yourself and your health and your family. You are worth it and you can do it.

I selected a few things you said, because I think it sums up the attitudes we all need to get into our heads - myself included. Thank you very much for your inspiring post, for sharing your story, and also for the helpful links. And congratulations on your success! In your pics, your waist shrinks, but your smile grows. That's the reward I think we all want most.

I *am* worth it, and I *can* do it!

Onederchic 08-09-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSpencer (Post 3429381)
I selected a few things you said, because I think it sums up the attitudes we all need to get into our heads - myself included. Thank you very much for your inspiring post, for sharing your story, and also for the helpful links. And congratulations on your success! In your pics, your waist shrinks, but your smile grows. That's the reward I think we all want most.

I *am* worth it, and I *can* do it!

You just made my night, thank you so much and yep, you are worth and you can do it :D :hug::hug:

JKM 08-12-2010 10:58 AM

Hello Onderchic

Your story inspired me so much. I was afraid I had lost your Journal because I find this site a little clunky for me just yet. I will get used to it. I was lamenting that I had lost your journal to my husband and all of the sudden, your post flashed on my screen.

So, because of your story, I registered, I have to lose at least 30 pounds or more and really have a hard time. Start and stop, start and stop merri-go-round.

Just wanted to say thanks! - Jimmie Kaye