Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180lbs/140lbs/130lbs

Height: 5"4

Talking ALMOST THERE by "THINKING MYSELF THIN"!

Hi! I'd really like to share my story with you all.

I have been overweight my whole life, I used to get teased in school and whenever I felt vulnerable, I'd reach for something sweet. Chocolate was an escape for me. It instantly made me feel better,even if it was just for 5 minutes, it was would momentarily dumb the pain I was feeling.

I am now 44 and up until 3 months ago, I was overweight (180lbs at 5"4) and hating myself. I had tried every diet you can imagine and they only made me feel good momentarily when the weight came off. I found it so hard to keep the weight off that just made me even more depressed so I binged on chocolate...to make myself feel better.... so you see, my life was a bit of a vicious cycle!

My friend from London saw this english hypnotherapist called Ursula James on TV and found her really inspiring so she bought her book "You can think yourself thin" for me because she just knew that this was just what I needed.

I was skeptical at first... hypnosis to help me lose weight??? sounds kinda weird! So I googled it and found that many celebs have tried it so I thought I'd give it a go.

Within a few days, I began to understand why my eating habits were the way they were (low self-esteem) and my unconscious mind started to make things happen effortlessly for me. I remember the first time I listened to her hypnosis CD (which came with the book) and instantly knew that I will no longer be overweight. It was like something just clicked! I understood that I needed to deal with my problems and feelings rather than hide them behind food. The weight just melted off me and I don't get the same cravings for chocolate as I used to because I now know that it is not the solution to my problems. Ursula's book not only helped me take control of my weight, she helped me take control of my life.

I am now at 140lbs and am feeling amazing about myself. I want to be 130lbs so I'm ALMOST THERE!!!

Last edited by lucyb; 05-21-2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: wrong weight entered!
lucyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, Lucy! It does seem like for a lot of us (myself included), the mental game is more of the puzzle than it really should be, and when it's right ... look out!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Lucy..Way to go!! Your post reminds about me and glad that the mental positive side came through for you. Keep staying positive!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #4  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Ooooh that sounds interesting!! Sounds sorta like the Gabriel Method. I am thinking of getting his stuff too. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the loss!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Mind over matter... my matter is chocolate too! Congrats on your amazing success!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote