3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   I Didn't Eat One! Not One! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/166162-i-didnt-eat-one-not-one.html)

nellibabyy 03-05-2009 09:15 PM

I Didn't Eat One! Not One!

I LOVE FOOD. I'll admit it. That's why i'm here, right? But I was so proud of myself the other day!

I am cutting myself off from the following for the next month: pasta, chocolate (of any sort), soda, cheese, and eating out. (It's all or nothing for me).

I was babysitting last night, and the dad made a HUGE bowl of delicious, yummy looking rotini pasta. Now let me tell you, pasta is my food. I can eat pasta for any meal, anytime of day. I'll take it. I absolutely love it! Throw some parmasean on there and I'll eat it all. I could live off of it.

But anyways, he made this huge bowl and was like "help yourself!" Then they left.

I wanted to. Oh, I wanted to. I looked at it. For a long time. I picked a single noodle up. All the while thinking "no one will know." But i put it back! Because i would know!

I was so proud of myself for just saying 'no'! It gives me hope that I am making progress and gaining colntrol, not weight. Just wanted to share my little success!

If anyone wants to share their little accomplishment of the day please do! It's such inspiration to me. Thanks!

:] Nelli

lovesjm 03-05-2009 11:04 PM

Yay! Good for you.

Tabby 03-05-2009 11:11 PM

Congrats on the control. I am just starting to get serious with weight loss so I hope one day to have control. I have major pasta problems also that and just about anything sweet.

amynbebes 03-05-2009 11:12 PM

Way to go!

Tina81980 03-06-2009 12:17 PM

Way to go. It's not easy to turn away the foods that you love.

harrismm 03-06-2009 01:02 PM

Good for you.Small changes make a huge difference.Plus, resisting builds youe self confidence.

Sara 03-07-2009 03:22 AM

Well done!

I wish I had your self-control :(

SheaLo 03-07-2009 10:13 AM

WTG Nelli!!!

I know what you mean about pasta, I could fill a tub with it and eat my way out. I'm so happy to hear you resisted that tremendous urge we all face everyday. Being able to walk away from a favorite food is HUGE! You done good! I hope I can exhibit that kind of self-control one day. Thanks for sharing your mini-gaol with all of us; it's incredibly helpful and inspiring.

Shea

Leeesa 03-07-2009 10:22 AM

That is a herculean amount of self-control, I don't think I could have done that, nice work!

nellibabyy 03-08-2009 10:44 AM

Thank you everybody. It was huge for me! The thing about the tub....so so true. thats like a fantasy! haha. You guys are all so supportive. Thanks for the motivation!

:] Nelli