3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Good news/bad news (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/157188-good-news-bad-news.html)

shrillharpy 11-25-2008 06:29 PM

Good news/bad news

Hi there!
I had a fitness assessment recently, and the results are in.
The good news is I'm thirty pounds down from my all-time high of 207. :cheer:
Now for the bad news: My body fat percentage is at 40 percent. I'm still nearly half lard. I'm a walking can of Crisco.
So putting it all together, I've made progress, and it shows that the hours at the gym and spent chopping vegetables are paying off. It may not always be fun, but it works.

bargoo 11-25-2008 06:37 PM

Love your sense of humor. I know you can do it. You have achieved a lot already. Notice our stats are similar, I was able to do it and you can, too.

shrillharpy 11-25-2008 06:50 PM

Thanks, bargoo. I appreciate it.:)
I think most fat chicks develop a sense of humor about ourselves--along with arch supports and elastic waists, it's amongst our best coping tools.

Thin4Good 11-25-2008 07:21 PM

Who are you calling half lard :P

our stats are almost identical too (except I am right there with you!)- I even lived in Japan for 3 years..... creepy huh?

I will be right with you too, all the way to the maintainer's forum!

stellart 11-25-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrillharpy (Post 2470112)
along with arch supports and elastic waists, it's amongst our best coping tools.

:bravo:

that was hilarious!

shrillharpy 11-25-2008 08:00 PM

stellart--Thanks. (:
"If you can't be cute, be clever." --David Sedaris

Thin4Good--Believe me, I judge no one else's lardage, just my own. Were you trying to lose weight in Japan? I have to say, being amongst the scads of thin people certainly drives the point home for me. See ya at the finish line (which right now I can only see with binoculars).

Thin4Good 11-25-2008 08:05 PM

I did lose quite a bit while I lived in Japan (I lived on a Marine Corps base and that will motivate you!) - I remember how great it was when I could finally shop out in town and not have to go to the fat girl section! (which you know there isn't very big) After I got back to the states though, I got pregnant, and I gained quite a bit AFTER I had the baby which put me where I was when I started here! :D

ImStrongEnough 11-26-2008 06:48 AM

You are doing great! I'd hate to think how many cans of crisco I'm hauling around right now :o

JulieJ08 11-26-2008 11:53 AM

Forty shmorty. You're making great progress!

bargoo 11-26-2008 08:58 PM

coping tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrillharpy (Post 2470112)
I think most fat chicks develop a sense of humor about ourselves--along with arch supports and elastic waists, it's amongst our best coping tools.

And don't forget sweat pants or as I call them:
" the fat ladies friend".

EZMONEY 11-29-2008 08:02 AM

Better to be a walking can of crisco than a case of it! Keep up the good work....by the end of the year you just might be a walking can of Pam!