3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   11 lbs in 30 days ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/147784-11-lbs-30-days.html)

allowingslender 07-30-2008 09:36 PM

11 lbs in 30 days ...

... and I am so happy. I am so happy because I believe I am finally learning how to manage my eating without starving, binging, defeating myself, depriving myself, counting everything in my head over and over all day and all the other unhealthy things I did to sabotage myself. It has been EASY!

For example, I bought a small pack of Peanut M&Ms on Saturday as a tiny treat (they are low GI after all :p ) and tonight (Wednesday) I remembered they were in my purse.. .after only having a couple on Sat. You don't realize how big that is for me! In the past, I would have scarfed the whole bag in about 30 seconds and either gone off on an all out binge, or would have berated myself for days for *cheating* and would have starved myself to *make up for it*.... and when I found them again, I had about 5, and put the bag back -- no guilt, no obsessing. I cannot believe the smallest pack of m&ms has lasted me nearly a week :dizzy:

I think I have finally made that *connection* everyone talks about! It isn't as though I have never lost weight before -- I have, but gained it all back and some friends too... but it has never *felt* like this. It has always felt like this huge burden of barely holding it together from one meal to the next with all the unhealthy mindsets and actions I mentioned above.

This is actually an eating plan I can live with forever. I am just happy :)

Matilda08 07-31-2008 09:12 AM

Congrats

leelily 07-31-2008 09:22 AM

That is wonderful!! Congratulations! :)

feypore 08-04-2008 01:29 AM

that's great!

Mrs Snark 08-04-2008 02:33 PM

:congrat:

A plan you can live with FOREVER, yup, that's very KEY! You positively exude happiness, you should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!

JulieJ08 08-04-2008 02:36 PM

Congratulalations, that is a fabulous state of mind to reach. It is so nice to feel your body working with you and not against you; and you working with your body and not against it.

shrinkin 08-04-2008 09:24 PM

Your happiness and success are great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by allowingslender (Post 2294108)
... This is actually an eating plan I can live with forever. I am just happy :)

So happy for your success! :bravo: Best wishes!

lightafterdark 08-14-2008 02:10 AM

I can really relate to the whole m&m scenerio -- I do that with food now to and its awesome! I havent binged in awhile and even if i do sneak something like a little candy ill have just a bite or two and throw the rest away without scarfing it all down in 2 seconds
its great :)