Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Pickles and Pedometers

So I have a weird addiction to sour pickles and I have been obsessively reading about the consequences in reference to weight loss/gain. I know the relationship between pickles and water retention, but is that all I really am looking at here (besides the high sodium).
Is eating 4 pickles a day going to slump my weight loss?

Also, I'm looking into getting a pedometer. I don't have a ton of money to spend on one, so does anyone have any recommendations on cheap ones that work?
Could I just find one at Target/Wal-Mart etc?

Thanks for any input!

blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

i got one at walmart but the clamp broke after a week.It had to be placed just right or else it counted to many steps or not enough.. I got the one that was the highest in price at walmart thining it would be the best. someone said the one on this site is awesome...
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've used the $3.97 ones at Walmart and thought they were great for the money. Not the sturdiest or most accurate, but definitely budget-friendly and not a complete waste of money like the one I got in a McDonald's adult "happy meal" a few years ago.

I bought a nicer one (under $20, because I know I would never have spent more than that) at Weight Watcher's. It has a hinged cover over the controls to pevent accidental resets. Very sturdy, wide clip.

Even if you're not a WW member, you can go in to a WW center or sometimes even offsite meetings and buy their stuff. Their digital food scale and their measuring cup/serving spoons are very nice, also.

As for the pickles, some people are more sensitive to sodium and water retention, but for most people drinking extra water compensates for a salty snack.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote