3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   What's your favorite NSV? - rearview mirror (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/128093-whats-your-favorite-nsv-rearview-mirror.html)

musictchr 12-01-2007 11:57 AM

What's your favorite NSV? - rearview mirror

I'm sure there have been other threads like this, but I get such a kick out of reading about everyone's NSV's, that I can't resist starting a new one.

What's your favorite NSV?

Here's my top 10:

10. Going down a clothing size (or 2!) :carrot:
9. Having the people at work notice :jig:
8. Not being winded after a brisk walk :running:
7. Not having a pile of stuff at the bottom of the stairs waiting for the next trip up :yay:
6. Moving my bracelets to the next smaller hook :queen:
5. Even some of my shoes are now too big :cheer2:
4. Hopping up off the couch :trampo:
3. Walking the mall without searching for the closest bench :sunny:
2. Fitting comfortably in waiting room chairs :flow1:

and my number one favorite NSV:
drum roll please.........
1. Having to adjust the rearview mirror in my car because my butt doesn't hold me up as high anymore!!! :cb:

Liliann 12-01-2007 12:04 PM

:bravo: on your great NSVs progress! You are doing awesome!!

NotTheCheat 12-01-2007 01:09 PM

Congratulations! Those are great NSV's!!!!

To go with #1, I have been able to move my steering wheel down two notches and I can now see the whole dashboard! (it was covered up because I had to have the wheel up so high).

OptimistK 12-01-2007 05:48 PM

Congrats to you!!!

I'd certainly second shoes getting smaller (I've gone down a whole size from just 46 lbs. lost) and havnig more energy to perform leisure activities.

:bravo:

godsgirltmm 12-02-2007 05:55 PM

My favorite lately is looking at our family pictures and thinking I actually look pretty good instead of hating the pictures.

Lafayette 12-09-2007 02:47 PM

OMG! That's why I've been adjusting my mirrors! Cool!

My best NSV to date was when I had lost some weight and suddenly realized, I CAN DO THIS! It was the best natural high and really put some pep in my step!

Cats tongue 12-09-2007 03:01 PM

My fav NSVs...

How loose my jeans are.

How much more in shape I am (being able to do REAL pushups. Holding the "plank" for 60 seconds!) compared to last year.

Being able to buy shirts size small!!!! (I'm sure this is partly due to vanity sizing, but still.)

Knowing that I can maintain my weight, and not just go up and down up and down up and down.

lumifan4ever 12-12-2007 05:27 PM

A couple of my favs are....

Wearing fitting clothes and seeing my waist go in. I actually have a curve in instead of out there!!!

Fitting into a single digit outfits.

Enjoying taking more pics that i am actually in for a change.

Feeling like I am not overweight. (I still feel that way naked, but at least with clothes on, i look normal)

I love that I am not going to be an embarressment to my children. (Well, my teenager may be a bit embarressed that i borrow "some" of her clothes!! hehehe)

leanmoomercows 12-12-2007 11:03 PM

My favorite NSVs are...

-Pulling clothes out of my closet that haven't fit me in a long time, and now they do!

-Getting compliments from people about my weight loss!

-People actually noticing my weight loss!

-Thinking about the future and thinking about how great I'm going to look at goal weight!

-Having more energy to do activities!

-Feeling better about myself and having confidence!

There are more I'm sure, but I can't think of them right now. I'll post more when I think of them!