Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Red face I guess it's time for this thread[20% gone!]

Yesterday I weighed in at 238.5 pounds. Doing the math, that means I've lost 20% of my body weight. I've hit two of my mini goals and achieved each of my date goals I've set. I've started to change the way I think and act. I am willing to walk home now from work! My calves are smaller. I can even zip up boots I've never been able to zip up. I gave myself a present of buying knee high boots. Those boots make me want to wear skirts. O.O It's a domino effect. I feel more confident than ever. I'm thinner than I've ever been in my knowledge(it wasn't till middle school I occasionally weighed myself). It's about a 15 pound difference from middle school.

And guys have started to flirt with me. Alot of them love what I am doing. To quote one of them, "What you are doing is HOT. Most people couldn't do what you are doing and have done."

I'm almost half way. I just need to loose 5 more pounds to be half way to goal. Wow.

I still can't believe I weigh 238.5. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the scale. This is motivating me. I'm so going to get back on my exercise plan today.

I've been on Weight watchers. Looking at my journal. I have been eating better for 2 months and 3 weeks. It's amazing the things that can change in a few months. My body has changed(well, I can't tell but whatev'), my personality has changed, my hopes are getting higher and I'm pushing myself harder than I've ever done before. People are saying I'm shrinking within just a weekend. I can squeeze in 22s and 24s are ridicoulosly(sp?) baggy. The fat summer clothes are packed up and will be given away. The only pair I will not give away is some that I could exercise in. My life has changed for the better and I am loving it.

Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

Congrats! I think it is great that you are feeling so good about yourself. Sometimes it is daunting when you look at the big picture. I love that you are happy about your boots. I have always wanted a pair of knee high boots. Where did you get yours?
Stardutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

I got mine at Torrid.com. They were out for halloween and they still have them, too. They fit my 17 inch calf. I love them. I wore them twice this weekend. Oh, and because none of my skirts fit me, I cut one up and used saftey pins to make it work. Rofl I made a past the knee length skirt into a 3 inches above length skirt that fit me kinda.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your loss! you're doing a great job, keep it up!!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Hey we've got very similar stats and I love how positive you are, well done. I'm a little down as I was looking at some vaction pictures last night and although I can see the difference, I still see a very obese lady (which, of course, I am). I might post one or two with a 'before' for others' opinions when I have time to figure out how.

Knee high boots is one of my dreams too. I have small feet and big calfs and ankles so I think it will be some time before I find a pair I can zip.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
I'm a little down as I was looking at some vaction pictures last night and although I can see the difference, I still see a very obese lady
I still cannot see a difference in my body. I can see it when I put on certain clothes(yesterday I tried on a prom dress from last March and it was loose all over). Everyone says they see it but I don't. I cried when I put on 22 pants cause the leg looked so small. I don't believe it. I still see fatty old self. Nothing looks different. I guess that's why I am more willing to look in the mirror. I'm looking for changes. I guess the day that I am ready to see myself as a different person, I will see the thinner, fitter me. I just try to ignore that and keep truckin'. I will get there one day. One day....

I had knee high boots in middle school that were spandex but my 350+ cousin put it on and stretched it out. After that it was too loose for me!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #7  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 261/259/155

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! These mini goals are so important. They are what keep us going!
SkiniJeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Dai
I totally understand where you are coming from. For 30lbs people told me they could see a difference. I saw the same old fat person in the mirror. I never saw a difference. I could see my clothes fit differently but that isn't the same. I could see that exercising was getting easier but that isn't the same. People telling me how different I was looking didn't matter. I couldn't see it. Then at 32lbs all of a sudden I could see it, a little. I looked in the mirror and started to see my old self again. The person I had been looking for. I don't know why it took so much weight coming off for me to see any difference but it sure did. After my shower I looked at myself in my full length mirror. Something I made sure I never did. My legs are thinner, a lot of my tummy is gone OH MY GOSH that roll in my back is just about gone. How could I not see any of this before, everyone else did. I don't know, but I sure can see it now.

We went to that site that you can made a model. I made it as big as it would let me for my height and weight. My husband said THAT is NOT what you look like. He took it to the normal setting THAT is what you look like. I don't see it. I am glad he does but I don't. Maybe we get so use to seeing our selfs as fat we don't adjust very quickly to seeing our selfs as getting thin. I still need to work on my self image. I don't see what everyone else does.

For me things are slow. I saw a formula on another link that let you figure out how many calories you should be taking in. Then it told you to subtract 500 calories for each lb you wanted to lose a week. Heck no wonder I can't lose faster. If I wanted to lose 2lbs a week instead of one I would have to eat under 700 calories. That is not smart, healthy or safe. I guess I am stuck with 1lb a week. That is ok. I have 32lbs less to lose today than I did 6 months ago.

You are doing great. You really are. Write down the difference you have told us about. See it in black and white. It helps, it makes a difference. We aren't doing this for anyone else but our selfs. Maybe that is why what others say doesn't mean as much as what we see our selfs. Look at yourself more. Put your hands around your legs and waist and so forth. Notice the difference and enjoy. We all have to blow our own horn sometimes. Sometimes the person we need to blow that horn to is our selfs.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote