3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Great shopping day!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/121538-great-shopping-day.html)

ThePrettyOne 08-29-2007 11:00 AM

Great shopping day!!

Truth be told, I love to shop....always have, always will :) Though after I gained some weight it became a little less fun, obviously, because things werent looking the same, I felt HUGE, and I had to go to bigger sizes :cry: I know you all can relate! Well along my weight loss journey, I had recently bought some size 7 jeans that I just thought ran particularly huge. They were probably closer to a small 9.....but it still made me happy :) Anyway, yesterday I went into a store that I routinely bought size 11 jeans....icky poo poo :( I was looking for pants, holding up size 7's and thinking "HAHA, I wish...that wouldn't even squeeze those sausage wrappers over 1 leg!"...you know, we've all done it! Looking at the waist band like "are people even that small?" :p I grabbed them anyway because they were the last pair of a pair of pants I fell in love with (a black dress pant with a skinny leg), thinking "this is going to ruin my day when I can't even get them past my knee, why am I doing this??!!!" . I went in the dressing room, undressed, started pulling these "miniature" jeans up and don't ya know, THEY FRIGGIN FIT! And they fit well. I stood there with them on for like 10 minutes looking like a crazy lady (it's the kinda of dressing room with no doors, just stalls) but I didn't care, because I was in a "tiny" 7...not a regular vanity 7 :carrot

I'm still 18lbs from my ULTIMATE goal, but I just wanted to share this :) Mini goal is 8lbs away!

boaterswife 08-29-2007 11:17 AM

COOL! It's so exciting when you hold up a garment sure that it won't fit, then it fits perfectly...good for you!

Altari 08-29-2007 12:00 PM

That's awesome! Kudos!

As far as the 'this can't fit anyone' my husband and I play that game at Sam's Club. They had jeans marked 'size 24' so I looked for a 20 (without looking at the actual jeans). I never found it. I held up the 24...and I swear my 5 year old could have fit. That's when it hit me...they were measured in inches. O_o

LeedaRenee 08-29-2007 12:23 PM

That is great, congrats! Wear those pants with pride!

lumifan4ever 08-29-2007 12:51 PM

girl...that is AWESOME!!! That is such a wonderful feeling!!! I'd be wearing those pants all day, every day. I can't wait to fit into a smaller size. Congrats on the great work to get into those pants!!!

veggielover 08-29-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne (Post 1833213)
I stood there with them on for like 10 minutes looking like a crazy lady (it's the kinda of dressing room with no doors, just stalls) but I didn't care, because I was in a "tiny" 7...not a regular vanity 7 :carrot

:lol3:

Doesn't it feel awesome to be the regular, non-vanity size?:D

gailr42 08-30-2007 09:53 AM

Outstanding! What fun. Enjoy those pants.

ThePrettyOne 08-31-2007 10:24 AM

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to go try on more clothes I don't think will fit! :lol: Actually, I went again yesterday, but just tried on a kimomo style silk dress...and it fit, but I was expecting it to...so no fun! :)