is this how it works?

• hey gals!

I've now been jogging (20-35 mins) around 4-6 times a week, or doing my Turbo Jam....and this activity has been going on for a little more than a month.
    I haven't lost any "pounds" .... but I somehow FEEL my clothes fitting better and my body itself LOOKING more trim. Is this how it works? Am i really losing weight or is this a placebo effect that my brain is playing on me??
    If it's not a placebo effect... could running be building muscles in my legs, therefore contributing to my maintained weight (since muscle is heavier than fat)???

please give me your thoughts!!

leda
  • I've been running 3 times a week for 5 or so weeks now and for the first 4 weeks I didn't lose anything, but my hips and thighs felt slimmer. I think I'm losing a little bit of fat there--so yeah, you're right. You may not be losing, but all that exercise is reducing the fat and increasing the muscle. And since muscle weighs more, technically you lost fat.
  • That's why it's a good idea to take measurements of your body. Sometimes they're more reflective of your progress than a fickle scale.