3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   First 20 lbs. Gone (22 to be exact)!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/119744-first-20-lbs-gone-22-exact.html)

OptimistK 08-06-2007 12:24 AM

First 20 lbs. Gone (22 to be exact)!!!

I started my weight loss journey May 25th of this year and I figured I'd lose about 5-6 pounds per month. However, I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this past Friday and finally reached the first 20 lb. mark! :carrot:

I had my sister on speaker phone when I weighed myself and I screamed so loud she asked, "Did you fall again"? Btw, i'm very accident prone, hence the "did you fall" question.

I'm surprised how much of a difference these first 20 lbs. have made. I sleep so well, when I run up the stairs in my apartment I'm not out of breath and I just generally feel so awesome! :goodvibes

I rewareded myself with a cut and color at my hair salon on Saturday. It looks FAB I must say.

My birthday, August 25th, will be offically 3 months since making my "life change". I've warned my parents I DO NOT want b'day cake and no calabash (we're going to North Myrtle Beach for my b'day). I'm determined not use my b'day as an excuse to "slack off".

I'm so excited about this journey and I'm looking forward to the entire experience from beginning to goal, on to maintenance. Good luck to you all with your weight loss endeavors!

:goodluck: :dust:

brismiley 08-06-2007 12:58 AM

That is fantastic! Keep up the good work. It is great that you are staying strong even for your b-day.

Idealmuse 08-06-2007 01:44 AM

Make sure you include that 2!!!

Every little bit counts!

Congrats

purpleorc 08-06-2007 05:46 AM

:congrat: on your first 20lbs weigh loss. Well done on not making your birthday an excuse to go off track and plan other things instead. When you make healthy choices like these you feel so proud of yourself for staying on plan rather than choosing food that you may have done previously.

:goodluck: with the rest of your weight loss journey and reaching your goal.

settie 08-06-2007 08:51 AM

:dance: :cheer: Way to go! :cheer: :dance:

That's exactly what I've lost - also since May.

Doesn't it feel great?! ;)

OptimistK 08-06-2007 10:56 AM

Thank you all for your replies!!!

I shocked even myself at first when I said I didn't want any b'day cake or any other bad foods but I'm really determined to stick to that. It's only one b'day out of many more to come!!!

...and, yes Denise, it does feel great! Congrats to you and the rest of you ladies!!!

Ladiibbug 08-06-2007 12:29 PM

Hi Kim Renee !

Woo Hoo! Twenty pounds in just a bit over two months?! Fantastic !

Heh heh, now you get another dancing brocolli, yes? ;)

Do you find that seeing the weight loss is a big motivator? I'm very surprised myself as a newbie to weight loss efforts that now that I'm losing, I'm almost fiercely determined NOT to slide back into bad eating ... kinda like your no birthday cake pledge.

Keep up the great work!

butterflykiss 08-06-2007 07:31 PM

Keep up the great work, Kim:bravo:

sockmonkey70 08-07-2007 12:01 AM

LOL Great job! Glad you didn't hurt yourself getting here LOL.