3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   I set a mini goal, and met it (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/115481-i-set-mini-goal-met.html)

elainemd 06-18-2007 01:30 AM

I set a mini goal, and met it

I set a short term goal for a ten lb loss in 4 weeks. By journaling my food intake and daily exercise, I've kept myself accountable...and have found some very much needed success. It's been a long time of trying and not getting very far. In fact, I had thought from Dec to May that I lost more weight than I did, after all I was walking 3-4-5 miles a day. But all I lost was 5 lbs. Since I have 70 to go, that was a disheartening reality to face.....when I finally faced the dreaded scales.
Instead of quitting and gaining (well, ok, a week of a pity party and gaining four of the five pounds back) I got my drive back and set the little goal. I'm happier than you can imagine to report that in 21 days I more than met my goal. I hit a 10.5 loss today!
I've set my next mini goal for 10 lbs in 4 weeks. That would be by July 17th. Wish me luck, no, wish me the ability to stick to this!

wateraddict 06-18-2007 04:46 AM

Wtg!!!

lumifan4ever 06-18-2007 11:42 AM

Elainemd...that is wonderful!! congrats on the 10 pounds lost. I know if you stick to it, you can definately drop another 10. Way to go girl!! Keep up the great job!!!

gailr42 06-19-2007 12:35 AM

Good going. I admire that you didn't quit because you were discouraged. Gives me hope.

elainemd 06-19-2007 01:10 AM

Thanks to all of you for the pat on the back, I appreciate that so much.
Gail, I send you a big basket of hope and good health, you too can do it, as you've shown by dropping 20 lbs already, fantastic! What are you doing to lose your weight?
Lumi, wow, 38 lbs, that's really great. You must feel very feisty these days!
And Joanne, you are so very close to your goal, congratulations, brava!

LesliesMom 06-19-2007 04:04 PM

That's fantastic, I'd love to lose 10 pounds a month, figure 2.5 pounds a week sounds reasonable. A year from now I will be a much smaller healthier person. You are hereby wished the ability to do whatever you set your mind to.

MeGaLiciouS 06-27-2007 02:04 PM

I admire all of you for sticking to your goals and maintaining your losses! I am a newbie and I am trying to spend some time in the forums to get some support. I just began my weight loss adventure on June 11th. I have since lost 11 lbs! I feel so much better! I am 21 years old and I don't want to spend my life feeling as though I NEED to be sedentary because I can't move myself off the couch! I want to be an active young woman and be able to keep up with my dog if she runs or my nephews if they want to play. You all are a great inspiration and I can't thank you enough. It looks like I need mini goals, as well!

lalique 06-29-2007 09:49 PM

Thats wonderful! Keep up the great work!! Good luck!