Whoot! Whoot! NSV!

• To begin, I ran to Walmart this morning and got a new set of exercise clothes. I ran home, threw on my new outfit and headed to the park for my daily walk.

After I got home I wanted to stop down and see my sister. On the way there I said hello to my neighbor Tara. Now this is the good part. She turned around and said, “I was just talking to Sam (my nephew) about how much weight you’ve lost. You look great. Completely different.” I graciously thanked her. The compliment was completely unexpected. She went on to ask what I’ve been doing. I told her I count calories, try to eat natural foods, and exercise. She finished with, “Well I haven’t seen you in a while and then when I do it’s like BAM you’ve lost all this weight. Good job.” I thanked her again and headed off to my sister’s, feeling absolutely spectacular. That made my day.
  • Wonderful! You deserve every good thing she said!
  • wow!! well look at you. you've lost 40 pounds!! of course she noticed. That is awesome. sometimes it does feel really good when people tell us how great we are looking. i know that can be a backhanded compliment sometimes, but aren't we losing the weight so we do feel better about our physical appearance?? Great job!! Congrats on the great weight loss so far!!
  • That's GREAT! I think that at 40 pounds people must notice but some are afraid to mention it. But when they do....it feels so good. I'm still a little uncomfortable with compliments. Not sure why. But I guess I feel like I still have so much more to lose and don't want people to notice until I'm done. Is that incredibly weird or what? hahaha....

Congrats again on the NSV! You keep going!

Tina
  • That is awesome! I would be booty shakin' all over the place *^__^*
  • Very nicely done!!! Congrats on your loss and the encouraging words from your neighbor!!