Anna vs. the Indian lunch buffet

• And I won! I did not eat the fried foods. I limited my rice. I stuck with veg-based foods. I did not heap up the 14 inch plate!! I did not eat my kids' left overs! I did not get all caught up in eating my money's worth!!

I came back and put all my yummies into calorie-count, and I am a happy woman. Including my exercise, I still get to have a 'real' dinner.

Take that Taj of India!!!
  • Awesome! Good job!
  • Good work!
  • LOL LOL Good for you. You show'em whose boss.
  • Wow!!!!! You should be proud!!!!!! Buffets are so bloomin hard for me!!!!!!
    Great job!!!!!!!!
  • Wow, you're certianly a stronger woman than me! If I set foot in an Indian buffet I'd be comatose by the end!
  • Great job! I am trying hard to have control when I go to a buffet lunch as well! I am indian and it seems like I am at many parties where food is catered from a restaurant and set up buffet style.
  • Good job! You are strong

I avoided the Indian buffet this week because a girlfriend invited me and our ritual is to have some good Taj Mahal beer along with it and that is OFF limits for me right now
  • I read this and was like "Yesss... Indian buffettt...." and went out with my guy to our favorite one. I don't think I did so hot as you in the restraint department, I took your example and steered clear of rice/fried foods, etc. but I still went at it like a buffet I'm thinking this will be breakfast/lunch/dinner and bought some apples afterwards in case my appetite ever comes back! Good job!
  • Quote: Good job! You are strong

I avoided the Indian buffet this week because a girlfriend invited me and our ritual is to have some good Taj Mahal beer along with it and that is OFF limits for me right now
    That is funny because I said, "If it were noon, I'd tell myself it was OK to have a King Fisher." Fortunately, it was only a little after 11.
  • Good job! Buffet and Indian food is a total double whammy!
  • Congratulations on your self-restraint! I don't know that I would have fared so well. I have a group of girlfriends that meet up at the Taj once every 3 months and we are almost due. I am scared. I could eat my body weight in naan and samosas.
  • Quote: Congratulations on your self-restraint! I don't know that I would have fared so well. I have a group of girlfriends that meet up at the Taj once every 3 months and we are almost due. I am scared. I could eat my body weight in naan and samosas.

See, my problem is that I think paneer is a food group and that masala sauce should be drunk through a straw.
  • Congrats! My Indian buffet at home has to hide their palak paneer when I come in. I mean, I suppose there are much worse foods I could binge on but binging is just not good! I made my own palak paneer (just with tofu rather than cheese) and since I'm on South Beach phase 1, I've had to teach myself how to eat it without rice or naan to cut the heat!