Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 AM   #1  

Default Treadmill NSV

I have been more of a lurker on these boards than a participater, but I do check them religiously. I love hearing about other people's NSVs and I'm impressed by all the people who achieve new goals whilst exercising... I salute you all... and today I'm proud to say I challenged myself too!

I have never liked running much... so understandably I never did it again once my final cross-country laps (maybe a mile?) in high school were behind me. That was at least 4 years ago. Anyway, today I was on the treadmill and I kept pushing myself... make it to ten minutes, just do twelve, come on, nearly at fifteen... and I ended up doing half an hour of jogging/running! My first 5km!

Oh and first post using the dancing carrots, another feel good moment
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #2  
Meg

That's awesome! Congratulations - what a great feeliing!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7''

Wow, thats great and fantastic that you enjoyed it too! But on a more serious note don't push yourself too hard in case of injury. Building up slooooowly is best if you are not used to running.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #4  

Thank you both... funnily enough, I'm not sure I got the famous runner's high - something to look out for next time? Do people normally get it after a run?

Finn - you're absolutely right. I know I pushed myself a bit too far, because my legs are getting sore only two hours afterwards. But at least it wasn't the first time I'd attempted a bit of a run, I normally did a one mile jog four or so times a week as a warm-up in the gym. So now I've upped the bar but I'm not anticipating doing it for a while whilst I let my legs recover
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

senorita - I get the runners high but not after every run. And I dont think I have ever gotten it on a treadmill, not sure why - it may have something to do with - outside its just me and the scenery and it becomes really meditative...inside I watch the display and I lose that mental aspect

Dont do the 3 miler more than once a week until you have upped your other runs a bit. Like try for 1.5 on your other runs

Anyway
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote