3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   I have some ONEderful news! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/103330-i-have-some-onederful-news.html)

futuresurferchick 01-30-2007 03:28 PM

i dunno how i missed this post... congrats robin! :carrot:

rockinrobin 01-30-2007 06:42 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Stinger, chairs were a major concern of mine, among other things. Rides were out of the question for me. But not anymore. I look forward to having you in ONEderland with me!!! That's lots of room for all of ya!!!

Mauvaisroux, train, angihas, newlifestyle thank you so much. I'm so glad you took something from my post. It means so very much to me.

LisaMarie, what can I say. You are so there!!!! And will be so fit and trim when you get there with all of your exercise and your gorgeous height. I will be looking forward to hearing the good news any week now.

boaterwife, Thank you for now and for always having something nice to say.

fatbegone, I fully believe in taking responsibility, there's just no getting around it. I caused my weight gain. But the good thing is I can also cause my weightLOSS. As far as the programming or reprogramming the brain, I promise you it does get easier. It WILL happen. Hang in there.

futuresurferchick, littlepaperstars, Jasonslea, - I thank you all so much.

Sunshine, Thank you. I gotta tell you I like that analogy. YOU are doing so awesome in sooo many areas, it's really mindboggling.

Carol, thank you . I DO like sneaking my exercise in. After barely moving for so many years, I get such pleasure from the simplest of movements. (Oh yeah, and it burns calories too!)

Mrs. Quadcrew, You are just too incredibly sweet. That's an understatement really. I have no doubt whatsoever that you WILL be joining me in ONEderland. NOTHING would make me happier. NOTHING. I'm so glad everything has "clicked" for you!!

Nicolen, I thank you and it makes me feel wonderful to know that I may have helped you in some teeny, tiny way.

I again thank you all. It has been a true pleasure sharing my journey to this point with all of you. I feel so very lucky to have found all of you. It was an unplanned surprise. I had no idea anything like this place existed. And when I did find this place, about a week into my journey, I never could have imagined that I would gain so, so much from it. You have all made this experience just that much more enjoyable.

rockinrobin 01-30-2007 06:58 PM

I'm sorry I couldn't scroll back that far, so I am making another post.
Your overwhelming responses have been....well.....overwhelming.

Artmaker, I don't even know what to say. I am just so thrilled that my post struck a chord with you. Thank you for your kind words. Really. It means a great deal to me.

Tara, Your words mean a lot to me as well. What a great inspiration it is to me to see someone maintaining there incredible weight for so long. Thank you.

Shrinkingchica, yes this has been a very eye-opening experience for me. I really had to be brutally honest. Every day I'm learning more and more.

Tammy, Thank you so much. That's funny because I very often nod my head in agreement whenever I read one of your posts. Photos, I don't know, one of these days. But I can tell you this, I LOVE looking at your photos. Amazing. JUst imagine how many people you have inspired and will continue to inspire!!!

Swimgirl, yes, I find this whole process very, very emotional. Just incredibly so. Weird, but that's how it's playing out for me. I'm glad you've got a new and improved attitude. You are already so successful, many more success are on the horizon for you!!!

I apologize if I've left anyone out.

Again, I thank you all for making this journey such a complete joy. I almost wanna say it was worth getting up to 287 lbs., just so I could have this wonderful experience. Almost. ;)

NurseMichelle 01-31-2007 02:31 AM

Hi Robin!!! We already had our party over at the WOW girls challenge thread, but I thought I'd pop in over here and reinforce the sentiments of the others!

Of course over at our challenge thread, miss thing came on one day, mentioned 199 ever so briefly and went on to ask us about our days! LOL when I get to Onederland, I'll be shouting it from the rooftops of all these threads, ya'll are gonna get tired of hearing me say it! LOL

I like that some of you gals printed out Robin's original post, I teared up when I read it and I really should take that with me to the "real" world. Thanks for the idea!

Ahhh robin, I love ya, I've loved being a part of your journey, I've loved watching you blossom. :hug: Thanks for all you give back to us.

rockinrobin 01-31-2007 07:13 AM

Michelle you absolute and complete DOLL you. I am sending you big, big cyber kisses and hugs. I LOVED HAVING you a part of my journey. But, um I'm not quite done yet. Don't leave me now.

And when you get to 199, I'll help ya shout it from the rooftops. Look how far YOU have come. 199 is just within your grasp. You'll get there, sooner rather then later. And you are gonna be one hot nurse with all that exercise and that gorgeous height of yours. All I can say is W.O.W. (Get it?) ;)

crazynette826 02-01-2007 12:27 AM

Congrats Robin!!! You are a ONEderwoman!!!! And such an inspiration for everyone! I love reading your posts!! I look forward to seeing you progress to your goal! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

JenR 02-01-2007 10:37 AM

congratulations robin!!!

rockinrobin 02-01-2007 03:19 PM

Thank you Jenr.

And thank you crazynette. I appreciate you saying that. I'm kinda looking forward to me progressing to goal as well. ;)

Cheryl14 02-07-2007 03:17 AM

Robin Follows the Road to ONEderland!

Hi there, Robin!

Just found your post! GREAT WORDS, Chickie!:carrot: I had NO IDEA that you had accomplished a loss of 90 pounds JUST SINCE THIS PAST SEPTEMBER! Man oh man, or should I say Woman oh, Woman! That is absolutely AMAZING!

Was there one single "AH-HA" moment that got you moving? I know that you mentioned that there were many things that got you worried and upset, but I was just wondering if you remember THE MOMENT that your head switched gears. That would have been a VERY POWERFUL moment right there!

I wanted to thank you once again for pointing me to FitDay. I was able to discover that I was indeed eating MUCH more than I THOUGHT I was eating!:?: FitDay plus added exercise is definitely what got me off my plateau. Oh, and of course all my SNOW SHOVELING!!!:snow4:

I can't wait to join you in ONEderland!

Hugs,:hug:

Cheryl

rockinrobin 02-07-2007 10:09 PM

Hi Cheryl.

Cheryl I think the only reason I lost relatively quickly is because I started out at such a high weight. And I didn't start out eliminating one or two of my bad habits. I know for some they first start out cutting down on sweets, or cutting down on fats, or cutting down on flour and starches. I cut out ALL the bad stuff from day one. I definitely gave it an all or nothing approach. It's not for everyone, but it was for me. I suppose.

I also had been so very sedentary that at the first sign of exercise my body started burning those calories. I started exercising from day one. Slowly, that's for sure, but everyday I moved more then the one before.

As far as the ah-ha moments. I'm not really sure there was just one. I had been getting progressively more and more inactive and more and more miserable and like you mentioned I was constantly worried about well, everything. I do remember being at the plus sized clothing stores and barely able to fit into there largest size. That terrified me. I also remember passing a darkened window in the mall and seeing a reflection and thinking that that is one very wide person in the window and of course realized that that very wide person was indeed me. 50 years old was looming ahead for me, I turned 43 in November, and I knew I had to get control of this before I hit 50. You just didn't see too many people my size and 50 walking around. I also have 3 daughters that are rapidly approaching marriagable age and the thought of me not being there for them was frightening. I was also worried that if I should be lucky enough to live long enough to see their wedding days, how could I participate in the event at my size. See there comes the worrying again.

And then there was one more thing. An acquaintance of mine who was just as heavy as me, lost about 170 lbs. Seeing her was an eye opener for me. We have since become fairly good friends. In fact I later found out that she was indeed my same weight, just 2 lbs higher. I ran into her at a chinese restaurant of all places and I saw how thin she was and it hit me right there and then that it really was possible to rid oneself of all this weight. I never knew anyone who had lost that much weight and to see her was just incredible and very eye opening. I decided right there and then in the chinese restaurant that that's it, if she could do it so could I. Had that incident occured 2 or three or even one year earlier I don't know if it would have had the same effect on me as it did that day.

Cheryl I am so glad Fitday is working for you. I hope (and know) that you will have continued success using it. You are just around the corner from the big, or should I say little 199 lbs. I will be sooo very happy for you. I'm so glad to have come across you in this journey of mine. :hug:

carolr3639 02-08-2007 12:20 PM

Robin, Did your friend lose her weight in the same manner as you?

lilybelle 02-08-2007 02:27 PM

OMG, Robin I am so proud of you. Congratulations. Absolutely wonderful post and very inspirational for all. I never thought of it that way, but what you wrote made so much sense. My life was filled with worry when I was so overweight and there are just so many things that I don't have to worry about anymore. You hit the nail on the head. Great job. I love reading your posts and your NSV's.

ennay 02-08-2007 02:47 PM

:woohoo: