My first real NSV!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Never mind
  • What happened here!? Come on, tell us!!! No NSV is EVER too small!
  • I deleted it because I felt a little dumb. I had noticed quite a few views (over 40!) and no replies.

Anyways, I went to a party and I had four people say I looked great and I had lost weight. Even though I haven't lost much in terms of weight, it's really visible. I also don't have a muffin top when I wear my jeans!
  • Whoo hoo!

Lots of people just "lurk" on the boards...they either aren't registered and don't post, or just don't post because they aren't really comfortable yet. Thus, we get lots of views and no return posts. Frustrating, but not a comment on your successes at all.

You're doing so well! The death of the muffin top was a big one for me too...way to go!

• No NSV is dumb or too small! I almost cry everytime I can change sizes, so I certainly understand the euphoria when you have a NSV. One of the moderators said that for every poster on the site there are 10 lurkers who aren't registered and don't post, which may explain why you had so many views and no responses yet.

Goodbye muffin top!
  • I couldn't agree more with jtammy, an NSV is an NSV. They are all important and noteworthy.

That certainly must have made that party very enjoyable. It's great when people notice your efforts.
  • Well, I think it's great!

Complimented by 4 people at one event? Wow. Not only were you looking good, you were with very nice and observant people! I've found that at a lot of parties, people are too interested in themselves to notice others!
  • Hey babygrant,
    I've had that same experience with no responces...and I've let it hurt my feelings, but we shouldn't do that....it's not worth taking away the happy feelings.
    I had the same pant muffin experience last week and it was nice to not feel like I was wearing a dingy!
    COngratulations!!!
    Tracy
  • it must be very noticable to have 4 people comment!! it took about 30lbs for anyone to notice my loss. anyway, congratulations!! woohoooo
  • Okay, I'm an idiot. What does NSV stand for?
  • Non-Scale Victory. As in "my pants fit better" or "someone noticed". A weight loss victory that doesn't revolve around a scale number.
  • You're not an idiot. Non scale victory.
  • I think that your muffin top is gone is a HUGE NSV!! Mine is half what it used to be and I'm prancing around my house telling my bf how hot I am now.. lol.

I totally still get hurt when no one replies to my posts - I figure that I'm so negative that people don't want to "be" around me. It's never personal, jtammy is right on that lurker thing.

-Aimee
  • EVERY NSV helps us keep going, so don't ever think yours isn't noteworthy! Good for you for getting rid of the muffin top, it's hard to do, that upper-middle tummy area just doesn't want to budge! Remember, too, that sometimes we're just zinging through reading but don't have time to post, but do come back later to post on everything we've read!

Keep up the good work, you're making progress!