1st Mini Goal Achieved -- 9 days early!

• Ladies,

I am ecstatic today because I got on the scale and not only have I reached my first mini-goal of 2007, but I did it 9 days early. Hooray! Plus, I went one pound beyond it. Today I weigh 298! I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to be under 300.

I have so much weight to lose, and this is merely a drop in the bucket. However, my philosophy this year is that every little bit counts. I've already lost 17 pounds since I started this journey on January 1. Each day requires a new committment and I've fallen off the wagon several times already. But my hope is to reach my goal weight (125) by April 2008, when I go to my high school's 25th reunion. I hope I can do it. For now, though, I take joy in reaching my first mini-goal and will use it to inspire me to keep at it.

Thanks for listening. The support on this board has been tremendous.
  • Congratulations---Your on your way!!!

• congratulation, good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • Way to go! Good luck in February. Every little pound does count and good job getting back up after falling off.
  • So nice to be ahead of your goal....don't let up....keep the pace steady, you're doing great!
  • That is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work! :-)
  • congratulations!!!!
    you're absolutely right, every little bit does count. i'm trying to keep repeating that to myself too!
  • That is great! I was so happy when I got to that point that I cried tears of joy! I remember it well...
  • My 1st Mini Goal
    I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago...I've done this many times..but being 23 yrs old I dont wanna be miserable for the rest of my life..Im wanting to date around and Im tire of my guy friends see me as a "sister." Im tired of being known as the fat girl..so my 1st goal was to get my first 10 pounds off..I did that the 1st week..I lost 11 and then 2 more this past week...my only problem is that I've gotten off the band wagon this week..gotta get back to exercising...Im doing the Walk Away the Pounds videos..does anyone happen to know another good get up and go video..Im getting bored ..good luck this week ladies!!!